Randy Johnson Update(Retiring?) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Randy Johnson Update(Retiring?)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Randy Johnson Update(Retiring?)

Postby Roberto Clemente » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:27 am

Copy and paste below from Rotowire dated today. I do not have Randy Johnson on my roster, but thught I would post this info here for those who do or are interested.

>>: Johnson pitched to batters for the first time in his latest comeback from a back injury on Tuesday, then acknowledged the possibility that he might not return this season - or maybe ever, the Associated Press reports.

Spin: "I think everybody in this clubhouse, maybe not the players but the coaching staff and front office, would like to know, and I would like to know, whether I'm going to be able to pitch and help this organization," Johnson said. "If not, I think that I need to take care of things and they would need to take care of things." He didn't elaborate but said what he will do depends on how he feels Tuesday night and Wednesday. Johnson said he had no pain while pitching Tuesday and would need at least one more bullpen session to improve his endurance before considering a return.<<
Roberto Clemente
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Randy Johnson Update(Retiring?)

Postby arod77 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:24 am

He turns 44 in September. I really think that the only reason he is still playing and might try to play next year, is for 300 wins. He's less than 20 away and would like to get to 300 wins.
arod77
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:25 am

well this sucks...i've been stashing him but it sounds like he's at least going to throw another session...i just want to know one way or another so i can cut him loose
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Howie » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:11 pm

Any updates today?
Howie
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 6)

Postby jfg » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:40 pm

He could pull have pulled a Clemens to get to 300 wins but I think he respects the game a little more than that.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 83)

Postby soty » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:36 pm

jfg wrote:He could pull have pulled a Clemens to get to 300 wins but I think he respects the game a little more than that.
exactly ;-D
soty
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics Expert

Postby rotoquest » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:06 am

Randy Johnson, SP ARI
News: A day after acknowledging the possibility that he might not return this season because of his injured back, Arizona's Randy Johnson told the Diamondbacks he will throw another bullpen session later this week. Johnson threw to hitters on Tuesday for the first time since his appearance against the Los Angeles Dodgers on June 29. The 43-year-old left-hander said after the 42-pitch simulated game that he wanted to know whether he'd be able to help the team. "I was surprised with some of the things I read when he came in (Wednesday) and said he was ready to go on Friday," Diamondbacks manager Bob Melvin said. "He was just a little bit tired toward end of bullpen session. That was all. The first two innings of it were pretty crisp but then he got a little tired."
cbssportsline

Read this posting this morning. At least he's going on with his rehab, but I don't expect too much this year with that herniated disc.
rotoquest
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 194)

Return to Injuries & Player Updates