Harden potentially back this week? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Harden potentially back this week?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Harden potentially back this week?

Postby rotoquest » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:06 pm

I'm not sure what's worse, this kind of reporting by him or his rankings.
rotoquest
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 194)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wildbill » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:46 pm

From Rotoworld:
Jul. 25 - 11:27 am et
Rich Harden (shoulder) is close to resuming a throwing program.
"I don't want to go too quick,'' said Harden. "I can go light, ease into it, build up my arm strength. The training, the rehab, is excellent, stuff I missed out before (the last time he was on the DL). When you don't pitch for a while, you lose a lot of individual muscle control; it's amazing. I didn't realize how far off I was.'' Harden is still around a month away from being activated from the disabled list.
Source: San Francisco Chronicle
Well that settles that. That other reporter can go back to his old job at the tabloid now.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kemper5 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:39 pm

Harden is pretty much trash. I'll never ever pick him up again. He's good for 1-2 starts and goes down for months and that happens in a cycle.
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Camaroballa22 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:01 pm

Can someone please help me?
I just noticed on my roster that rich hardens status has been moved to N/A, "not applicable?"
What happend?
usually that happens when a guys takes bereavement leave or gets sent down to the minors.
i'm lookin for some more info but i cannot find anything.
can anyone help me out?
is he really starting a minor league rehab assignment??????????
even so....shouldnt he have stayed on the dl??????

i am really tired of this stinkin bum!!!!!
and plus....
if a N/A is stashed on your DL that means you cannot make anymore moves and i will have to drop him in order to make a move.
i would love nothing more than to drop this CANCER but this is my first time doing a head to head and if he can just make a few september starts i think it can be advantageous!
anyone that can help me out with his N/A story would be much appreciated.
WHIR.
thank you
billy
Its_JUSTIN_UPTON_Time!
Camaroballa22
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wildbill » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:37 pm

Camaroballa22 wrote:Can someone please help me?
I just noticed on my roster that rich hardens status has been moved to N/A, "not applicable?"
What happend?
I'll assume your playing on Yahoo. They've been fvcking up a lot lately changing DL players to N/A players. It usually only lasts a day or 2 then they go back to being DL. I have to ask why would you even be holding onto Hardin at this point? The odds of him contributing something useful this season are only slightly better then Bud Selig inviting Barry Bonds to a sleepover.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby pappymojo » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:49 pm

wildbill wrote:
What happend?
I'll assume your playing on Yahoo. They've been fvcking up a lot lately changing DL players to N/A players. It usually only lasts a day or 2 then they go back to being DL. I have to ask why would you even be holding onto Hardin at this point? The odds of him contributing something useful this season are only slightly better then Bud Selig inviting Barry Bonds to a sleepover.

I'm holding on to him. I'm in second place and if he can come back and contribute during the playoffs, it's a big advantage. When I make the playoffs I can drop him then if he's not back yet.
pappymojo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby ShawshankVA » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:06 am

THE REPORTER IS WRONG...sorta

from Wednesday article on the Oakland As official site:
"Righty Rich Harden, who has been rehabbing his shoulder in his native Canada, will meet up with the team in Seattle. It's unclear if he'll head back to Oakland on Sunday night or return to Canada for continued treatment."

http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/news/a ... p&c_id=oak

see right now Harden is at home in Canada resting & doing whatever small amount of rehab he can...he is set to rejoin the team in Seattle, JUST TO BE WITH THE TEAM. not to pitch.

every other source on web has him NO where close to pitching in a game...the sportsline guy just mistook the fact that Harden is meeting up with the team as maybe that he will pitch. think maybe a month from now if he has no setbacks b4 he toes an MLB rubber.
ShawshankVA
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Texan » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:42 pm

The writer probably got confused becasue on Sportsline (in his player profile) it says "The A's expect Harden to rejoin them when they travel to Seattle next week." All this probably means is that Harden will travel with the team.. not play. The writer is still an idiot.
Texan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Syfo-Dyas » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:13 am

pappymojo wrote:
wildbill wrote:
What happend?

I'm holding on to him. I'm in second place and if he can come back and contribute during the playoffs, it's a big advantage. When I make the playoffs I can drop him then if he's not back yet.

Yeah right. If he is back for the last 4 weeks that counts in H2H. Could be the difference maker.
But that F@ck!n N/A is there for a week now. And Kinsler comes back on Tuesday. Yahoo is really screwing this up.
the awesome sig by soty

"You should be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the
moment." - Qui-Gon Jinn (keeper league expert?)
Syfo-Dyas
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Rounders » Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:13 pm

Syfo-Dyas wrote:Yahoo is really screwing this up.

Yeah, but it's not Yahoo's fault. Whoever provides the information to Yahoo, ESPN, ect screwed up. I just checked his ESPN player profile and it says "Pronounced: N/A". So, I think that just about every sports site has him set as NA due to the screw up by their provider.
Rounders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates