Harden potentially back this week? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Harden potentially back this week?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Harden potentially back this week?

Postby fiz » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:44 pm

"Harden could be back later this week in the series at Seattle, but don't hold your breath"

from this article

http://mgl.baseball.sportsline.com/news/10267391

i dont know what this guy is talking about...any truth to this - i haven't heard anything about Harden in a few weeks...
fiz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Harden potentially back this week?

Postby tgalv » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:58 pm

surprising to me. i was assuming harden was gonna be on the shelf until september or mid-august at best but i don't think there was ever any known timetable. i was about to cut him lose in one league thinking i wasn't going to get much from him with him returning that late and there being no point for oakland to pitch him, now i'm not so sure :-o
tgalv
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby wildbill » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:07 am

I think the reporter was smoking pot or eating shrooms before he wrote that. The As are totally out of the playoff picture, what incentive would they possibly have to rush Harden back when he hasn't even thrown a baseball in a couple weeks? Come back cold turkey with no rehab? Whatever this "reporter" is smoking must be some really good $h1t. I would be less shocked if Lindsay Lohan went dry and didn't have a drink for an entire year then I would be if Harden came back as this guy suggests might happen.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kev8821 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:11 am

Yeah can't imagine him back so soon. I am scouring the web for any more info on this....

As much as Harden is a medical mess, I would pick him up if I knew the A's wanted him to pitch again this year.
kev8821
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 4)

Postby avstars » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:17 am

This sounds a bit crazy considering Harden is on the DL for 2 months during the first DL stint. Harden had proved to be effective in the bullpen for a short period, so if he does come back I would just stick him in the pen. Who knows, it might save his career.
avstars
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby x_Momentum » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:47 am

avstars wrote:This sounds a bit crazy considering Harden is on the DL for 2 months during the first DL stint. Harden had proved to be effective in the bullpen for a short period, so if he does come back I would just stick him in the pen. Who knows, it might save his career.

Hah, for sure. The A's should deal him to the Phillies or something. Quacky Charlie Manuel could find something for him to do, like feed the birds or something so he doesn't hurt his shoulder again.
x_Momentum
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby wildbill » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:11 am

x_Momentum wrote:Hah, for sure. The A's should deal him to the Phillies or something. Quacky Charlie Manuel could find something for him to do, like feed the birds or something so he doesn't hurt his shoulder again.
Like Charlie would even know who Rich Harden was. Recently when asked if he thought the Phillies were going to reach the post season Charlie responded, "Without a doubt, yes, we're going to win the superbowl."
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby fbc_fan » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:18 am

tgalv wrote:surprising to me. i was assuming harden was gonna be on the shelf until september or mid-august at best but i don't think there was ever any known timetable. i was about to cut him lose in one league thinking i wasn't going to get much from him with him returning that late and there being no point for oakland to pitch him, now i'm not so sure :-o

exactly my thoughts. i'd cut him, but my league has 2dl slots and i have no injuries, so he just sits there and tempts me with his talent. i'd be shocked if he came back so quickly after he said the last injury was "nothing serious" and was on the shelf for two months.

i also think a harden/street combo in the pen would rival some of the best setup/closer tandems in mlb. plus you could throw harden for two innings if you wanted. 7/8 harden, 9 street, sounds pretty tasty to me.
thanks to madison/go_jays_go for the slick sig!
fbc_fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Svatos » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:44 am

who cares???
Svatos
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football