Chris Young (San Diego) leaves hurt - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Chris Young (San Diego) leaves hurt

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Chris Young (San Diego) leaves hurt

Postby AdvRider » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:05 am

I offered to trade Teixeira for Young three days ago. The manager rejected it. Thanks bub! But I do have Young on another team. None of this sounds real good ...

Hampson rescues Padres after Young suffers injury
By Bill Center
UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER
July 25, 2007
DENVER – It will be several days before the Padres are able to assess the cost of last night's 5-3 victory at Colorado that ended their losing streak at four.

Because it won't be until later this week that the Padres can fully judge the severity of the left oblique strain that forced major league ERA leader Chris Young off the mound.

“It looks as though he could miss a start,” said manager Bud Black. “I'm hoping for the best. The worst-case scenario is the disabled list.”

Young injured the oblique, a muscle in the rib cage, while pitching in the second inning. Shortly after coming out to warm up for the third, he walked off the mound with trainer Todd Hutcheson.

“Hopefully, it's not that bad,” said Young, who said he had never before experienced an oblique strain. “I didn't even know what it was when I first felt it.”

Young said he felt a “grab” while throwing a slider to Garrett Atkins in the second inning. He finished the inning by retiring Atkins and Brad Hawpe on grounders.

Full story
AdvRider
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates