Is Around the Horn & P.T.I. off the air? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Is Around the Horn & P.T.I. off the air?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Is Around the Horn & P.T.I. off the air?

Postby sportsaddict » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:49 pm

Odd, I thought Around the Horn and PTI were the same show? :-D ;-7

Honestly, if you ever watch ESPN from about 2-6, they say the same things, over and over and over again. I'm not a big fan of these sports shows like Around the Horn and PTI, I'll watch them if I've got nothing better to do but I don't really care for them.
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pokeyouindaeye » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:21 am

I'm sorry, but P.T.I is about a gajillion times better than around the horn, mostly due to the inane ramblings of kornheiser and wilbon than anything else. Sometimes they have great interviews also. I love it when they interview Charles Barkley.
Yes, I was, uh... I was thinking about ordering the tape, the videotape... about the college girls and the... the wild... the wildness. They're going wild or something? Somebody told me... about going wild.
-Larry David
Pokeyouindaeye
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby TheA'sFatLeadoffMan » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:00 am

I only watch PTI, not a fan of ATH. PTI is great, TK and MB have great chemistry, I love how they can predict eachothers view and poke fun at each other, while at the same time bring a different prespective on different things, and show a great deal of respect and seriousness when the occasion calls for it.
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:38 pm

Patrick McEnroe and JA Adande?!? Gimme a break. You guys are getting complacent. Think that you can throw any garbage out there and we will watch? At least give us the good McEnroe. geez
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby STLCards16 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:02 pm

1. I'm getting pretty sick of Whos Now. Except when Erin Andrews or Jessica Biehl is on it of course ;-)

2. ESPN seems to be giving Nascar more and more coverage every week.

3. Cold Pizza has to be one of the worst shows ever. It's so drawn up and that one white guy on the right is so fake. It's so planned out for him to always be mad and EVERYTIME the 2 guys dissagree. Give me a break :-t :-P
STLCards16
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sportsaddict » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:41 am

STLCards16 wrote:1. I'm getting pretty sick of Whos Now. Except when Erin Andrews or Jessica Biehl is on it of course ;-)

3. Cold Pizza has to be one of the worst shows ever. It's so drawn up and that one white guy on the right is so fake. It's so planned out for him to always be mad and EVERYTIME the 2 guys dissagree. Give me a break :-t :-P

1. I agree. I freakin hate Whos Now. I can't believe how far ESPN has fallen.

2. Although I'm not a NASCAR fan, it's one of the fastest growing sports in America, so I understand why it gets the air time. I'm not into it, though.

3. Are you talking about Skip Bayless? I used to think he was an idiot, now I think you are right- it's like the show is fixed. I heard him say he didn't think Ripken was a HOF a few weeks ago... the show has to be rigged. There's no way a sports "analyst" such as Skip could actually think that without being told to say so.
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby STLCards16 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:32 am

sportsaddict wrote:
STLCards16 wrote:1. I'm getting pretty sick of Whos Now. Except when Erin Andrews or Jessica Biehl is on it of course ;-)

1. I agree. I freakin hate Whos Now. I can't believe how far ESPN has fallen.

2. Although I'm not a NASCAR fan, it's one of the fastest growing sports in America, so I understand why it gets the air time. I'm not into it, though.

3. Are you talking about Skip Bayless? I used to think he was an idiot, now I think you are right- it's like the show is fixed. I heard him say he didn't think Ripken was a HOF a few weeks ago... the show has to be rigged. There's no way a sports "analyst" such as Skip could actually think that without being told to say so.

Yeah, thats him, Skip. Some of the stuff he says you just know can't be what he really thinks and he's just saying it for the sake of argument/to follow the script. :-t
STLCards16
College Coach
College Coach

Postby aberry33 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:59 am

I used to like PTI much more but that has switched over the past year or so. I would much rather watch Around The Horn now. Heck I don't even watch PTI that much anymore because they are going to discuss the same topics that were just discussed on ATH.
aberry33
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jlm53089 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:32 pm

Two year old topic FTW
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby smoovethug » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:36 pm

I applaud his use of the search button. ;-D

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk