Trade help involving prospects - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Trade help involving prospects

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trade help involving prospects

Postby Cards0540 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:52 pm

Alright so my team is out of the playoff picture this season, so im trying to align myself with the best possible keepers and minor league players. We play in a 12 team H2H where we get to keep 6 major league players and 12 minor league players. Our mlb guys have to be under a salary cap. My current projected keepers are Hafner, Soriano, Ichiro, Dunn, Adrian Gonzalez and Felix Hernandez. Most likely these guys will put me over our cap but i would be able to aquire more salary through trades. Also pitching is important to our league so im worried about only have one stud pitcher. So ive been trying to move some guys for another stud. A trade has been offered where i give up Dunn and Ichiro for Josh Beckett, B.J Upton, Joey Votto, and Luke Hochevar (sp?).

The reason i like this deal is because it will allow me to be under the cap because the combo of Beckett and Upton wont be as much as Dunn/Ichiro. But my question is do you think B.J Upton is a keeper type player and do you think Joey Votto or Luke Hochevar have any chance at starting next season??? These are the 2 highest rated minor leaguers on his team. Please help.

Thanks
Cards0540
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade help involving prospects

Postby bigken117 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:38 am

BJ Upton is a definite keeper in any format, and Votto will be the starting 1B in Cincy next April...if not sooner. Sounds like a good deal.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Re: Trade help involving prospects

Postby J35J » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:43 am

I think KC wants very much to see Luke in the rotation either starting the year or early on. I'd expect he gets a chance before June if not starting the year with the big club.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)

Return to Minor League & College Baseball