ian snell - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

ian snell

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

ian snell

Postby redbirds10 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:47 pm

no injuries to report.. just wondering what is up... he was pretty solid for a while.. it looks like he is letting the long ball get to him a bit lately.. anyone think he can tame that again..
redbirds10
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ian snell

Postby STLCards16 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:15 pm

Another poor outing for Snell tonight against the Mets.

4 IP, 10 H, 6 ER, 0 BB, 5 K

His BB-K ratio has still been good through this stretch of bad outings from him, but I'm going to look at who he is pitching against next and maybe not start him.
STLCards16
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:17 pm

He's up against Philly next, so it doesn't get any easier.

I'm thinking of dropping him, but it's a keeper league and he seems to have the raw talent. Just hasn't been the same the last few outings though, and I expect another meltdown vs. Philly.
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Starkmadfan » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:51 pm

BillyHallDisciple wrote:He's up against Philly next, so it doesn't get any easier.

I'm thinking of dropping him, but it's a keeper league and he seems to have the raw talent. Just hasn't been the same the last few outings though, and I expect another meltdown vs. Philly.

Yeah, even though he was a 2start pitcher this week, I didnt dare start him - I may have to drop him (nonkeeper) myself so I can give his spot to Hunter Pence (no team DL). With 9 weeks or so left in the season, Snell has what, maybe 2 more 2 start weeks left anyway, and thats the only time I use him, if I do....
Help me out here? : http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2321827#2321827

Artwork by madaslives911
Starkmadfan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:15 pm

I don't know if I'd base it on whether he has two start-weeks or not, that seems like kind of a crap-shoot anyways. I'd base it on whether he's worth keeping for the kinds of numbers he'll put up. That's a question I don't have the answer for, but man I'm starting to not like having him in my line-up (in my league we have no bench for pitchers, so nowhere to stash him).

Seems like he became unraveled when he thought the Rockies were stealing signs from him a couple of games ago... seems like he is a ways from maturing, although that factor alone hasn't necessarily stopped pitchers from being solid (C Zambrano, or King Felix at times, for example).

I'd like to know what some Pirates fans think....
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Postby pasterofmuppets » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:19 pm

Maybe his run-in with the bbq had long term effects? !+)
pasterofmuppets
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:28 pm

That's true, he has gone south statistically since that incident.
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Re: Ian Snell

Postby Roberto Clemente » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:22 am

Ian Snell has had a ROUGH stretch of late. That is true. I dropped him for Yovani Gallardo at the start of the week, and that move proved wise since Gallardo got my squad the victory tonight!

With that being said...Snell could easily turn out to be a stud the rest of the way. I could easily see myself picking him up later. I say this because his K/Walk ratio is good and is Era and Whip are still good. Those 3 stats are a telling sign of a good pitcher.

There is a little talk starting to go around in the local media that the Pirates might deal him for a quality bat.
Roberto Clemente
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:49 am

After hemming and hawing for a while, I've decided to hang onto him for a couple-few more starts because his K's haven't decreased dramatically and like Clemente says, the peripherals still seem ok. If he gets traded to a contender that would be huge...
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Postby STLCards16 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:10 am

BillyHallDisciple wrote:After hemming and hawing for a while, I've decided to hang onto him for a couple-few more starts because his K's haven't decreased dramatically and like Clemente says, the peripherals still seem ok. If he gets traded to a contender that would be huge...

Exactly why I'm deciding to still hang on to him, for now at least. I doubt I'll start him against the Phillies though.

Don't forget that huge stretch of games he had earlier this year where he only gave up like 3 runs or less in nearly every game for a while ;-)
STLCards16
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates