Any New Myers News? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Any New Myers News?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Any New Myers News?

Postby cwrtlm » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:12 pm

Any updates, he is availible in my league????
C- Hundley, Iannetta
1b- Wallace
2b- Barney/Barmes
3b- J. Lopez
CO- G. Sanchez
SS- Tulo
MI- Castro
OF- Bay, Hart, Pagan, Smith, Francisco, Ankiel
U- C. Ross(DL), Cantu
P- Carpent, Billings, Volquez, Marcum, Norris, J. Vazquez, Westbrook, Wolf, E Rogers
cwrtlm
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Any New Myers News?

Postby jorwoods » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:11 pm

Yahoo Tag

Jul 23 Myers struck out three and allowed one hit over 1 1-3 scoreless innings in his second minor league rehab appearance Monday night with Single-A Clearwater.

Advice: Myers has been out since straining his right shoulder in the ninth inning of a game at Florida on May 23. He has six saves in seven chances and a 2.61 ERA since moving to the bullpen. Pitching against the Tampa Yankees, Myers threw 19 of 25 pitches for strikes. The right-hander said he felt "good" after the outing and that he was scheduled to pitch again for Clearwater on Wednesday night.

Should be back soon, jump on that shiz if you need saves.
^^thanks to Snakes Gould!
jorwoods
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ryno23 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:52 am

Is he going to be activated today?
Ryno23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby 5 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:35 pm

from CBS Sportsline

Brett Myers, SP PHI
News: When Brett Myers rejoins the Phillies, he could reclaim his closer's role quickly. Myers, sidelined since May 23 with a shoulder injury, had six saves in seven chances after replacing the injured Tom Gordon. Antonio Alfonseca has filled in with both Myers and Gordon out, but manager Charlie Manuel anticipates going back to Myers eventually. "I think when Brett is healed, he's healed," Manuel said. "I think he's the one I can turn loose."

Analysis: Myers made another rehab appearance at Class A Clearwater on Wednesday night, tossing a third consecutive shutout inning. Gordon returned to the bullpen last week and the team will be cautious using him. Consider Myers a closer option in any league for Fantasy Week 18 (July 30-Aug. 5) and Gordon and Alfonseca nothing more than middle relievers for the deepest of leagues that use true middle men.
General Manager
General Manager

Postby x_Momentum » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:16 pm

Supposed to be activated friday before the game.
x_Momentum
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby cwrtlm » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:30 pm

Hopefully he will fill the void of Saito being out. I had to drop Garza to do it but I don't know if I would ever really start Garza anyways.
C- Hundley, Iannetta
1b- Wallace
2b- Barney/Barmes
3b- J. Lopez
CO- G. Sanchez
SS- Tulo
MI- Castro
OF- Bay, Hart, Pagan, Smith, Francisco, Ankiel
U- C. Ross(DL), Cantu
P- Carpent, Billings, Volquez, Marcum, Norris, J. Vazquez, Westbrook, Wolf, E Rogers
cwrtlm
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:38 pm

yes, hes coming up tomorrow. perfect timing. we actually get some bullpen help and utley is out for a month. season's over.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby JohnR » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:39 am

whats myers' long term outlook (particularly for 2008)? is he the closer or back to rotation? anyone in the know or want to speculate?
The one constant through all the years has been baseball. It's been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt, and erased again...This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and that could be again.
JohnR
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wildbill » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:42 pm

JohnR wrote:whats myers' long term outlook (particularly for 2008)? is he the closer or back to rotation? anyone in the know or want to speculate?
Well considering Myers has revealed his true colors as a "ME ME ME" kind of player I'm guessing he'll be in the bullpen next year because that's what he wants to do. They could really use him back in the rotation considering the FA market for SP looks to be really thin. However, Myers has said in the past he'd rather stay in the bullpen next year. He'd help the team a lot more as a SP next year, but he doesn't seem to care about that. Maybe someone will beat some sense into him like he beats his wife, if not I suspect his days as a SP are over.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby schmidty » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:23 pm

wildbill wrote:
JohnR wrote:whats myers' long term outlook (particularly for 2008)? is he the closer or back to rotation? anyone in the know or want to speculate?
Well considering Myers has revealed his true colors as a "ME ME ME" kind of player I'm guessing he'll be in the bullpen next year because that's what he wants to do. They could really use him back in the rotation considering the FA market for SP looks to be really thin. However, Myers has said in the past he'd rather stay in the bullpen next year. He'd help the team a lot more as a SP next year, but he doesn't seem to care about that. Maybe someone will beat some sense into him like he beats his wife, if not I suspect his days as a SP are over.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Phillies management determine what Myers role will be, not Myers? :-? I remember him being vehemently opposed to the move to the bullpen earlier this year, though he did it, eventually seemed to get into it (and pitched well), and ended up getting hurt. At this point, I can't blame him for just wanting to know what his role will be and have it stay consistent. Next year, who knows? Consistency is not the strong suit of the Phillies organization (unless you count being consistently bad). I think it's up in the air what 2008 will bring, though a strong finish as closer in 07 will make him staying the closer more likely.
schmidty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates