YouTube / CNN Presidential Debate - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

YouTube / CNN Presidential Debate

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

YouTube / CNN Presidential Debate

Postby CheeseBeger » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:03 pm

Anyone else watching this tonight? I think this could end up being pretty revolutionary in the way elections are done. Now voters get a much larger say in which questions get answered, and they can put forward the tough questions that everyone wants the answers to, but the candidates dodge.
2010 H2HWS Champion - Cleveland Clams
CheeseBeger
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: YouTube / CNN Presidential Debate

Postby RugbyD » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:02 pm

i'd like to be as optimistic, but it's going to be heavily managed and these formats dont allow enough time for a good response to many of the tough queswtions anyways.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Tavish » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:39 pm

Pretty much what I expected. The same questions you would get if they were delivered by a moderator, except in more entertaining ways. A few more fluff questions thrown in. My favorite moron question for the debate:

"Sen. Obama how do you respond to people saying you aren't black enough and Sen. Clinton how do you respond to people saying you aren't feminine enough?"

Are you freaking kidding me?

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 70)

Postby sportsaddict » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:50 pm

I missed it, but I heard at the end they all had to say something negative and something positive about the person next to them. And Bill Richardson said something along the lines of "you are all great people, and would fit in nicely as my Vice President." :-D :-b
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby PlayingWithFire » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:02 pm

Tavish wrote:Pretty much what I expected. The same questions you would get if they were delivered by a moderator, except in more entertaining ways. A few more fluff questions thrown in. My favorite moron question for the debate:

"Sen. Obama how do you respond to people saying you aren't black enough and Sen. Clinton how do you respond to people saying you aren't feminine enough?"

I really want to know how they answered :-D :-D :-D
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Old_Style » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:01 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:
Tavish wrote:Pretty much what I expected. The same questions you would get if they were delivered by a moderator, except in more entertaining ways. A few more fluff questions thrown in. My favorite moron question for the debate:

I really want to know how they answered :-D :-D :-D

CNN is re-airing the debate right now.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AcidRock23 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:58 pm

I thought that the 'rockstar' candidates seemed pretty cocky, pretty much rolling right on over the 'time' notification from the network. The 'fringier' candidates seemed kind of cowed like they were 'gee, I'm stopping on time, do I get a gold star for it?' or something like that.

Re HillarObama, Obama said something to the effect 'if you don't think I'm black, come watch me hail a cab in Manhattan'. Hillary's response was not quite as catchy but perhaps more diplomatic, along the lines of "I don't have a choice about running as a woman"

Afterwards, the bit of the commentary I caught they were going 'Obama meets with Axis of Evil, Hillary Doesn't' as if it were a big deal, while going on w/ that, they cut the sections on health care and education short and none of the candidates went a long way to differentiate themselves in a good way. Mostly 'damn, Biden really is a character...and damn, Kucinich is a character and damn, that wacky dude from Alaska is a character too...' w/ little opportunity for substance. Neither Obama nor Hillary nor Edwards seemed to come up with a clever plan when they were going past 'time', they seemed to be stumping w/ "I have a vision...' sorts of stuff.

Of course, I still like all 8 of them better than any Republican.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby shmolex » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:59 am

so apparently, goatse flashed for 1/24 of a second during the debate and it appeared on CNN. I wasn't watching, but that would be pretty funny to see.

http://beginnorth.com/blog/?p=93
shmolex
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to General Talk