Does this team have what it takes to win back to back titles - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Does this team have what it takes to win back to back titles

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Does this team have what it takes to win back to back titles

Postby sherrie27 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:16 am

Check out my roster below- I'm in 2nd in the league, Head to Head keeper format (keep 7 plus 1 rook. and one minor)- Funny story, I was up by 10 going into last night looking to go to 11-5- and move into 1st- I had Sizemore he had Rolen- I hate Rolen- I lost last by .66 of a point!! I've never been more sick! I'm looking to go back to back championships and all that really matters is getting into the playoffs- top 6 teams make it and I'm pretty comfortable now in 2nd- trade deadline was yesterday so there are no more moves to be made- I made a monster move though to sure up my pitching yesterday as I traded Butler and my 4 next year for Bonderman and his 10th back- with my 7 keepers next year I think I'll be all right in the draft- though I don't have a 2, 4 , or a 9!! But that is just more of an excuse to have more beer. I also traded for Sizemore, Holliday, and Beltran this year!! After I won the whole thing last year, I feel I just made my team a heck of a lot better for the future. Your input would be great, especially if you think I have enough to win it all this year- I think I have more offense then I had last year, but last year my staff at the end was sick- 10 of the top 30 pitchers- this year I only have 3- with 3 more between 30-40.

thanks
c- Posada
1b- R. Howard (keeper)
2b- J. Kent
3rd- A. Gordon (rookie keeper)
SS- J. Reyes (keeper)
OF- Sizemore (keeper)
OF-Beltran (keeper)
OF- Holliday (keeper)
U- Swish or Pena
SP- C.C. (keeper)
SP- Verlander (keeper)
SP- Bonderman
SP- Zito
SP-D. Cabrera
SP-N. Lowry
SP-Billingsly
SP-M. Morris
SP- Millwood
SP-J. Marquis
RP-J. Nathan
RP- Mo Rivera

Minor keeper for next year A. Miller (Cleveland)

head to Head 10 team league-
sherrie27
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Does this team have what it takes to win back to back titles

Postby Knights » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:52 am

I think you've put yourself in a good spot heading into the playoffs. Your offence looks great. When playoff time comes just be smart with your SP and I think you have a decent shot at a repeat.
Knights
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Re: Does this team have what it takes to win back to back titles

Postby schmidty » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:13 pm

Well, the offense is top-notch and Championship material. After Bonderman, the SPs get awfully shaky. Not sure how the points affects that ... can you overwhelm other teams with volume (like how with 5x5 H2H you could have a lock on Ws and Ks even though your ERA/WHIP might be bad)? Or does a mediocre/bad start equal zero or negative points? Can you play A Miller on your team now? He's better than a number of your guys.

With an 11-5 record, clearly you're working things to your advantage and there's no reason why this team can't repeat. The offense will dominate. You have 2 studs at RP and 3 good-to-great SPs. Smart matchups and spot-starts will be your key to getting more points out of the rest of your team, and winning the title. Keep an eye out for SP call-ups.
schmidty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team