chris ray? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

chris ray?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

chris ray?

Postby idealFX » Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:43 pm

as of the right now, the o's are leading the a's 2-0 in the bottom of the ninth, and in comes... jamie walker? is this a sign for ray's permanent replacement? i know ray isn't exhausted, as the last day he pitched was the 20th.
"I dont know who the Royals will have in centerfield now that Estebean German took one in the mouth on a fly ball. Probably Kerry Robinson which means that the Royals start with one out every 3 innings."

-Perlick
idealFX
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: chris ray?

Postby GymRat33 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:34 pm

I noticed this as well cause I own Ray ...I don't have any idea either. I'm hoping it was something minor like Ray having the flu or something. If anyone has any clue why I would appreciate the info too. I'm not too worried because Ray has been pitching great lately and if anyone was going to pass him for the CL job I thought it was gonna be Shuey, not this Walker clown.
GymRat33
College Coach
College Coach

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:41 pm

I heard he has an injury, but no details past that. That's only what another member in my league told me though, so I have no idea how credible it is.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 33)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GymRat33 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:43 pm

here's something a bit more substantial from rotoworld....

"Jamie Walker, and not Chris Ray, was brought in to a 2-0 Orioles lead in the ninth inning against the Athletics on Sunday.
Ray had pitched just once in the last week and has been doing exceptional of late. There was also no report of an injury holding him back, so we assume this was only a matter of preference. The Athletics did have left-handers Jack Cust and Eric Chavez due up second and third in the inning, so the decision did make some sense on that level. However, the club hadn't made a move like this before and it was surprising with their closer pitching so well. We wouldn't read too much into it."
GymRat33
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Dorny » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:45 pm

I read in the closers thread that it was a matchups thing.
Dorny
College Coach
College Coach

Postby x_Momentum » Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:49 pm

Dorny wrote:I read in the closers thread that it was a matchups thing.

Yeah, I agree with this. Ray pitched an inning a few nights ago and didn't show any problems.
x_Momentum
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kemper5 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:31 am

It's Arm discomfort per Rotowire..

Chris Ray (P) BAL
Ray told interim manager Dave Trembley that his arm felt stiff while playing catch before Sunday's game and was unavailable to close, the Baltimore Sun reports. "I woke up and it was just a little stiff," said Ray. "Warming up, I just couldn't get it going. We've got a day off [Monday]. We'll give it some time and see how it feels on Tuesday."
Ray had pitched only one time in the last seven days, so this is a bit concerning. Left-hander Jamie Walker pitched a perfect ninth for the save, facing two lefties and a righty -- if Ray has to miss any time for this, Chad Bradford would likely get a majority of the save opportunities against righties and Walker against lefties.
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Injuries & Player Updates