Hanley Ramirez - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Hanley Ramirez

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Hanley Ramirez

Postby AmericanShipbuilding » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:17 am

Athrun340 wrote:Jul 24 Ramirez, who suffered a left shoulder subluxation in his first at-bat Sunday against Cincinnati, wasn't in the Marlins' lineup on Monday and remains day-to-day.

Advice: Ramirez could return to the Marlins' lineup as early as Tuesday against the Diamondbacks.

;-D

That's not really an update, or even accurate -- he will not play today. Here's RotoWire's take, as of today.

After being examined by the team doctor Monday, Ramirez (shoulder) remains day-to-day, with Wednesday being the earliest he would be ready to start, the Marlins official site reports.
Spin: In his first at-bat on Sunday against the Reds, Ramirez suffered a slight dislocation to his left shoulder. He left the game in pain, and the Marlins are essentially taking a wait and see approach.
AmericanShipbuilding
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Crystalstorm » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:15 pm

I hope the Marlins are smart and sit him until the weekend.I benched Hanley,and I started Harris in his place to play it safe.We have weekly line-ups,it sucks benching Hanely and Crawford in my points League.

I also benched Crawford in favor of Patterson.I need Sb's, and am in 7th in my league in SB's,but only 15 behind the 1st place leader in that catagory.I pick up Crawfor in a trade 2 weeks ago,after that he was getting a SB a game basically.
Crystalstorm
College Coach
College Coach

Postby FreakShowsBoils » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:35 pm

Yea I totally know dude. Last week I dropped Matt Cain and then traded for Thome cause I needed homeruns because im 4 behing the 1st place guy so I started Harris just to be safe because Hanley shouldnt play till the end of the week because I traded for crawford cause I needed steal!
T.O. Has Big Lips
FreakShowsBoils
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby FreakShowsBoils » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:39 pm

O yea and I started Dave Roberts over Jones because I needed steals. Because as I said I was 7 behing the leader so thats why I did all that bye
T.O. Has Big Lips
FreakShowsBoils
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby chiswede » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:23 am

Now we're up to Friday:

Update: The new best case scenario has Ramirez (shoulder) returning to the lineup Friday, the Marlins official site reports.

Recommendation: Ramirez has spent the past few days getting treatment. He said he hopes to do some baseball activities like swing a bat on Wednesday and projects "Friday or Saturday" to be back. To help strengthen his shoulder, Ramirez said he is considering some form of surgery after the season to help prevent future dislocations. There is a procedure that tightens the shoulder. For the rest of the year he will do strengthening exercises.
10 Team Yahoo Private League Record
2003-1st
2004-1st
2005-2nd
2006-1st
2007-1st
2008-1st
2009-8th
2010-2nd
2011-10th
chiswede
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Pedros Little Friend » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:59 am

how much of a concern is this for hanley in a keeper league? does anyone know other players who have had this shoulder tightening surgery and whether it hampered at all?

also, i looked at his game log from last year and after this injury hanely hit .190 in june and then .250 or so in July before getting hot again. do you guys think he'll return to form quicker becuase he now knows better how to deal with the injury? two months like that to finish out the season would be devestating to my first place team...and then off season surgery for the 23 year old...uggh
Pedros Little Friend
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby charliebrown2 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:30 pm

FreakShowsBoils wrote:Yea I totally know dude. Last week I dropped Matt Cain and then traded for Thome cause I needed homeruns because im 4 behing the 1st place guy so I started Harris just to be safe because Hanley shouldnt play till the end of the week because I traded for crawford cause I needed steal!

longest sentence ever :-°

hope hanley comes back soon
charliebrown2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Crazy Wolf » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:05 pm

Wow this injury could be devastating for some teams that are in the hunt for a championship. I'm just glad that I traded him a couple of hours before his injury :-D Before the injury I think I had the edge on the trade (Ramirez and Francis for Ichiro and Zambrano) but now I definetly won!
Crazy Wolf
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby quitesanemax » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:24 pm

Crazy Wolf wrote:Wow this injury could be devastating for some teams that are in the hunt for a championship. I'm just glad that I traded him a couple of hours before his injury :-D Before the injury I think I had the edge on the trade (Ramirez and Francis for Ichiro and Zambrano) but now I definetly won!

Wow, don't you just love people who need to rub the salt in the wound. We don't really care about how lucky you got. We just want updates on Hanley on this thread.
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Oriole Way » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:10 am

Has anyone heard anything at all regarding the shoulder? I'm pretty surprised there's been no speculation given he missed another game today. You'd think Hanley wasn't a top 20 player or something.
Oriole Way
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates