Rate my team.If you have one better, post it! I'll rate your - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate my team.If you have one better, post it! I'll rate your

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate my team.If you have one better, post it! I'll rate your

Postby NEWYORKMETS » Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:31 pm

Here's my team..

I'm 12-2-1

10 team league (non keeper)

Head to Head weekly matchups. Points system. I can shuffle guys in and out every day.

Hitting - H, R, RBI, BB, TB, K, SB
Pitching - IP, H, ER, BB, K, CG, W, L, SV, BS

C - Victor Martinez
1B - Todd Helton
2B - Brian Roberts
3B - Miguel Cabrera
SS - Hanley Ramirez
OF - Ichiro
OF - Grady Sizemore
OF - Chone Figgins
Util - David Ortiz
Util - Justin Morneau

SP - Dan Haren
SP - Brandon Webb
P - James Shields
P - Aaron Harang
P - Chein Ming Wang
RP - Billy Wagner
RP - Bobby Jenks

Bench - Brad Penny
Bench - Phil Hughes
Bench - Huston Street
Bench - Adam Wainwright
Bench - ---EMPTY---

DL- Chris Ray

Rate these categories out of 10:

Offense -
Defense -
Overall team -

I'll rate yours too if you want.
Last edited by NEWYORKMETS on Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
NEWYORKMETS
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate my team.If you have one better, post it! I'll rate your

Postby schmidty » Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:26 pm

OK, I'll bite ...

Offense: 9.5 ... Not a weak hitter in the bunch. Obviously leaning a lot more towards the speedy guys, but since it's a points game it's about whatever scores you the points and "balance" doesn't matter. I don't know how the points work out and how that affected the draft, but I see 6 guys that usually go in the first 3 rounds.

Pitching: 7 ... your 6 SPs range from good to excellent. Haren, Shields, and Penny are likely for a comedown in the 2nd half so be wary there. They do make excellent "sell high" candidates (well except for Shields, whose sell high has closed unless he blanks the Yanks today). Relievers are ok ... if saves count heavily you're getting points here. Ray and Jenks give up more runs than I like to see in my closers, but they have a hold on a job and get saves. Wagner is lights out as usual.

Overall: 8.5 ... not surprising you're in 1st place. The hitting is dominant and the pitching looks above average. My only concern is the SPs who are likely to drop off in the 2nd half giving you decreased production there.

Help with mine please? viewtopic.php?t=308825
schmidty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby sherrie27 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:09 am

Il ike your team a lot- you pitching has 4 good starters which is what you need going into the playoffs with other quality mixed in for those 2 starts- The only weakness and it isn't a weakness, could be Figgins if he continues to struggle- he is very streaky- Plus when Hughes comes off the DL you will be set. Check out my roster below- I'm in 2nd in the league, Head to Head keeper format (keep 7 plus 1 rook. and one minor)- Funny story, I was up by 10 going into last night looking to go to 11-5- I had Sizemore he had Rolen- I hate Rolen- I lost last week by .66 of a point!! I've never been more sick! I'm looking to go back to back championships and all that really matters is getting into the playoffs- top 6 teams make it and I'm pretty comfortable now in 2nd- trade deadline was yesterday so there are no more moves to be made- I made a monster move though to sure up my pitching yesterday as I traded Butler and my 4 next year for Bonderman and his 10th back- with my 7 keepers next year I think I'll be all right in the draft- though I don't have a 2, 4 , or a 9!! But that is just more of an excuse to have more beer. I also traded for Sizemore, Holliday, and Beltran this year!! After I won the whole thing last year, I feel I just made my team a heck of a lot better for the future. Your input would be great, especially if you think I have enough to win it all this year- I think I have more offense then I had last year, but last year my staff at the end was sick- 10 of the top 30 pitchers- this year I only have 3- with 3 more between 30-40.

thanks
c- Posada
1b- R. Howard (keeper)
2b- J. Kent
3rd- A. Gordon (rookie keeper)
SS- J. Reyes (keeper)
OF- Sizemore (keeper)
OF-Beltran (keeper)
OF- Holliday (keeper)
U- Swish or Pena
SP- C.C. (keeper)
SP- Verlander (keeper)
SP- Bonderman
SP- Zito
SP-D. Cabrera
SP-N. Lowry
SP-Billingsly
SP-M. Morris
SP- Millwood
SP-J. Marquis
RP-J. Nathan
RP- Mo Rivera

Minor keeper for next year A. Miller (Cleveland)

head to Head 10 team league-
sherrie27
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby NEWYORKMETS » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:39 pm

sherrie27 wrote:Il ike your team a lot- you pitching has 4 good starters which is what you need going into the playoffs with other quality mixed in for those 2 starts- The only weakness and it isn't a weakness, could be Figgins if he continues to struggle- he is very streaky- Plus when Hughes comes off the DL you will be set. Check out my roster below- I'm in 2nd in the league, Head to Head keeper format (keep 7 plus 1 rook. and one minor)- Funny story, I was up by 10 going into last night looking to go to 11-5- I had Sizemore he had Rolen- I hate Rolen- I lost last week by .66 of a point!! I've never been more sick! I'm looking to go back to back championships and all that really matters is getting into the playoffs- top 6 teams make it and I'm pretty comfortable now in 2nd- trade deadline was yesterday so there are no more moves to be made- I made a monster move though to sure up my pitching yesterday as I traded Butler and my 4 next year for Bonderman and his 10th back- with my 7 keepers next year I think I'll be all right in the draft- though I don't have a 2, 4 , or a 9!! But that is just more of an excuse to have more beer. I also traded for Sizemore, Holliday, and Beltran this year!! After I won the whole thing last year, I feel I just made my team a heck of a lot better for the future. Your input would be great, especially if you think I have enough to win it all this year- I think I have more offense then I had last year, but last year my staff at the end was sick- 10 of the top 30 pitchers- this year I only have 3- with 3 more between 30-40.

thanks
c- Posada
1b- R. Howard (keeper)
2b- J. Kent
3rd- A. Gordon (rookie keeper)
SS- J. Reyes (keeper)
OF- Sizemore (keeper)
OF-Beltran (keeper)
OF- Holliday (keeper)
U- Swish or Pena
SP- C.C. (keeper)
SP- Verlander (keeper)
SP- Bonderman
SP- Zito
SP-D. Cabrera
SP-N. Lowry
SP-Billingsly
SP-M. Morris
SP- Millwood
SP-J. Marquis
RP-J. Nathan
RP- Mo Rivera

Minor keeper for next year A. Miller (Cleveland)

head to Head 10 team league-

Your lineup is very good. No complaints there. I can't see how anyone can outplay you there.

Your RP are also above average.

Your SP starts off good, but then gets very thin. That could be your only achilles heel this year. I would be a little concerned about that heading into the playoffs. But, win or lose, you set your team up VERY nicely for next season.
NEWYORKMETS
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby NEWYORKMETS » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:57 am

bump.. I'm now 13-2-1
NEWYORKMETS
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby nothingtoproveco » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:12 pm

Offense: 9 - A very solid, speedy offense which is well balance in the hitting categories. I don't see any possible way you could improve this lineup, especially with Ortiz and Morneau rounding up at the utility spots.

Starting Pitching: 7 - You have a great starting 4 anchoring your staff in Haren, Webb, Lilly and Harang. Wang is solid and having Hughes on the bench could be very beneficially in the long run. At this point I think Shields is just dead weight. He has been pitching poorly and his 2nd half schedule is one of the toughest around. Sadly though, he is past his sell high point so it's up to you to decide what you want to do with him at this point.

Relievers: 8 - With a combined 51 saves between your two closers you are in great shape here. Both Jenks and Wagner have been fantastic this year and should remain reliable in the long run.

Overall a very solid team. Please help me out: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=310040
nothingtoproveco
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team