Need someone to rate MLB The Show 07 for me. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

Need someone to rate MLB The Show 07 for me.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need someone to rate MLB The Show 07 for me.

Postby os_gamejunkie » Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:34 am

The only game I play is MVP 05, because the the 2K series is garbage IMO. How does this game compare to MVP '05?
os_gamejunkie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Need someone to rate MLB The Show 07 for me.

Postby KCollins1304 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:17 pm

I like the game, but not as much as MVP 05. The show is the best available though and I like playing it. I would give it an 8/10
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:38 am

i still play mvp 05. ;-D

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Rockiesfan » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:40 pm

I bought the Show back in March and have been very pleased with it to this point, I like the Gameplay and the Graphics are good as well

I played MVP 05 as well and was bummed when EA lost the MLB Contract, I would update rosters last year but after a while that got to old so I broke down and got the show

Rating 9/10 ;-D
Rockiesfan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Laean » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:32 pm

sorry if i'm hijacking the thread, but i have a question about MVP 05. i just bought an xbox360 a few weeks ago. the last console game i've owned is super nintendo way way back, so i've never played any of the recent baseball simulation games. from what i've been reading and hearing, MVP 05 is like the paragon of baseball sims. can someone tell me why? obviously, i never got to play it, so i have no idea how it compares to Major League Baseball 2k7 (which is the only baseball game i have since it's the only one out on x360, unless i want to get The BIGS which is actually a baseball arcade and not a sim).

why is it so good? and why do so many people hate the 2K series?
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Postby KCollins1304 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:26 pm

Laean wrote:sorry if i'm hijacking the thread, but i have a question about MVP 05. i just bought an xbox360 a few weeks ago. the last console game i've owned is super nintendo way way back, so i've never played any of the recent baseball simulation games. from what i've been reading and hearing, MVP 05 is like the paragon of baseball sims. can someone tell me why? obviously, i never got to play it, so i have no idea how it compares to Major League Baseball 2k7 (which is the only baseball game i have since it's the only one out on x360, unless i want to get The BIGS which is actually a baseball arcade and not a sim).

It's hard to really put into words, it's something you have to play yourself. The main thing about it for me is that the controls are tight and fluid. Like the way the ball came off of your bat, when you really crushed a ball you knew it because you timed your button press exactly and the ball would take off. And if you didn't hit it well it would result in a dribbler. On games like the show, sometimes I feel like I didn't hit a ball nearly as well as the hit that resulted from my swing, and other times I would think that I hit it really well only to get a dribbler. So basically it is the controls, hitting mainly for me. I hope that helps some, I think you can buy the xbox game and play it on 360 to see for yourself. I hope this was helpful.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Laean » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:48 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:
Laean wrote:sorry if i'm hijacking the thread, but i have a question about MVP 05. i just bought an xbox360 a few weeks ago. the last console game i've owned is super nintendo way way back, so i've never played any of the recent baseball simulation games. from what i've been reading and hearing, MVP 05 is like the paragon of baseball sims. can someone tell me why? obviously, i never got to play it, so i have no idea how it compares to Major League Baseball 2k7 (which is the only baseball game i have since it's the only one out on x360, unless i want to get The BIGS which is actually a baseball arcade and not a sim).

It's hard to really put into words, it's something you have to play yourself. The main thing about it for me is that the controls are tight and fluid. Like the way the ball came off of your bat, when you really crushed a ball you knew it because you timed your button press exactly and the ball would take off. And if you didn't hit it well it would result in a dribbler. On games like the show, sometimes I feel like I didn't hit a ball nearly as well as the hit that resulted from my swing, and other times I would think that I hit it really well only to get a dribbler. So basically it is the controls, hitting mainly for me. I hope that helps some, I think you can buy the xbox game and play it on 360 to see for yourself. I hope this was helpful.

interesting. thanks.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Postby stejaycubs » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:12 pm

9/10 overall. Good game that never gets boring, as Madden and Nba games sometimes get, especially with the complicated controls, but not this game. Very good.
CUBS-YANKEES FAN!!!!
richwyld made this sig bruvvas.
stejaycubs
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Video Games