Trade vetoing settings? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Trade vetoing settings?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trade vetoing settings?

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:50 pm

Can I change these midseason? Right now I have it so I, as the commisioner, approve and veto trades.

I recently let a trade through that significantly favored the 6th place team and killed the 3rd place team (although maybe not even bad enough to veto if it was the other way around). Anyway, I've always said that I only veto in cases of collusion, and since the team that is worse in the standings is getting the better end, I let it go through without really giving it a second thought. However, a couple of other owners have come out and accused me of looking out for my own best interests, since I am currently in 4th, and they said that I just let it through because it would help me pass the 3rd place team.

In order to avoid situations like this in the future, I would like to change the settings so that trade vetos are done based on league vote rather than me personally approving or vetoing. Is it possible to make this change (in yahoo) midseason? If so, how do I do it?

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade vetoing settings?

Postby CBMGreatOne » Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:54 am

If it is something that can be changed midseason, it would be under "commissioner tools", then "edit league settings." I don't see this particular modification as one that can't be made after the draft since it doesn't significantly affect gameplay, but I would still vote on it before changing it. I like to do league votes whenever possible, but if your league didn't complain to you about the trade before you let it go through, then they don't really have a legitimate beef with you now.

On the other hand, if you didn't leave it pending for long enough for the league to object, I'd say they could fault you for that. What was the trade anyway?
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bloody Sox » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:06 pm

Why not keep the setting the same, but institute a policy where you give the league X amount of time to voice their complaints? Then if there is a lot of arguing about it, put it up to a vote on the message board?
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:35 am

Bloody Sox wrote:Why not keep the setting the same, but institute a policy where you give the league X amount of time to voice their complaints? Then if there is a lot of arguing about it, put it up to a vote on the message board?

That's how I do it when I commish. I set myself as the 1 making the final decision but I use a voting system for me to make my decision. In a 12 team league, I require a majority vote. I remove the 2 people in the deal and myself as well (being the commish). That leaves 9 potential votes. If I get 5 nays, the trade is vetoed. Otherwise, it goes through.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Return to Commissioner's Corner