Ortiz hurt - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Ortiz hurt

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Ortiz hurt

Postby kid sox » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:01 pm

from USA Today

David Ortiz left Friday's game in the seventh inning with a strained left shoulder.
Ortiz had to be hurt on his head-first dive in the fifth inning. He was replaced by Alex Cora prior to his next at-bat. This is probably a day-to-day injury, but we'll have a better idea of the severity after the game.
kid sox
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ortiz hurt

Postby RedSoxdominate » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:30 am

Looks like he'll be fine, according to Francona :-°

"He's a little sore," Francona said. "He got tested; the doctor couldn't even move his arm. I would be not surprised if he's just a little sore tomorrow. We may hold him out tomorrow, but he'll be OK the next day."
RedSoxdominate
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby kid sox » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:44 am

RedSoxdominate wrote:"He got tested; the doctor couldn't even move his arm."

that doesn't sound great at all....
kid sox
College Coach
College Coach

Postby quitesanemax » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:38 am

Here we are trying to figure out whether Ortiz is seriously injured or not, and Stats, and KFFL are telling us about this bullcrap... like anyone cares!!! What the heck does it have to do with fantasy! I think I will keep him out of the lineup today. Hes up against a lefty anyway.

Jul 20 A sports memorabilia company sued Ortiz for $1 million Friday, claiming he breached a contract by failing to autograph a required number of items and appear at "meet-and-greet" events.

Advice: Steiner Sports Marketing Inc. of New Rochelle, N.Y., claims that Ortiz skipped several scheduled public appearances, and when he did show up, he didn't autograph the minimum amount of memorabilia required by the contract. Ortiz also violated the exclusivity clause of the agreement, the suit claims. Ortiz' agent, SFX Baseball Group LLC, did not immediately return a call for comment.
STATS LLC

Jul 20 A sports memorabilia company has sued Boston Red Sox DH David Ortiz, according to the Associated Press. Steiner Sports Marketing, of New Rochelle, N.Y., signed Ortiz to a contract to autograph 13,000 items and appear at public signing events exclusively for them until Jan. 31, 2008. The lawsuit claims that he skipped several public signing events, and failed to autograph the minimum amount of memorabilia required by the contract. In addition, the suit claims he violated the exclusivity of the deal, by providing at least four other companies with autographed memorabilia and game-used items. The lawsuit asks for $1 million plus interest, as well as an accounting of Ortiz's dealings with memorabilia companies in which he received money for autographs and used items.
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:10 pm

wow, you're right - that is some pretty useless information in a fantasy update.
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Postby chalk61 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:44 am

Gordon Edes, Globe Staff wrote:Ortiz sat out his second straight game with a strained left shoulder, and told reporters before the game that it might be Wednesday before he plays again.
chalk61
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:19 am

well it will help him also rest the banged up hammy/knee.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:29 am

That's exactly what I was thinkin' ...
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Postby chalk61 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:49 am

Sounds like he's still on track to come back tomorrow

Amalie Benjamin, Globe Staff wrote:"He's doing really well," manager Terry Francona said yesterday. "A lot of improvement today, which is great news. I think we're on maybe [tomorrow] to start a game. We'll see. He's doing real well. Range of motion is drastically improved."

Ortiz, though, said he would have to judge how the shoulder feels after hitting on the field, which he is scheduled to do today.

"Every day I feel better," Ortiz said. "Like the first day after I went down sick, I thought I wasn't going to play this year again. That's how bad it felt. But [members of the training staff] know pretty much how to deal with it."

Ortiz also said a similar injury to his right shoulder, which occurred in 2004, still bothers him at times.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2007/07/24/ortiz_is_nearing_a_return?mode=PF
chalk61
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates