Roy Oswalt leaves game with injury!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Roy Oswalt leaves game with injury!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Roy Oswalt leaves game with injury!!!

Postby Mr. Goodwrench » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:44 pm

Astros RHP Oswalt leaves with injury in seventh

July 20, 2007
PITTSBURGH (TICKER) -- Houston Astros All-Star righthander Roy Oswalt left Friday's game against the Pittsburgh Pirates in the seventh inning with an apparent chest injury.

Oswalt allowed a leadoff double to Ronny Paulino before manager Phil Garner and the team trainer came to the mound to check on Oswalt, who was pointing around his sternum.

Oswalt was pitching a gem before the injury, allowing just one run and seven hits in six innings. The Astros were leading 2-1 when he left the game.

Anyone heard any details as to what happened and the severity of the injury? :-o
"The game of catch has never been so fun!" - inventor of the hand grenade.

2007 Die Hard Tiger's Fan League Champions
CLIO Lumber Co.
Mr. Goodwrench
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Roy Oswalt leaves game with injury!!!

Postby Mr. Goodwrench » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:15 pm

Oswalt was lifted with soreness in his upper chest following Paulino's double leading off the Pirates' seventh, but reliever Dan Wheeler struck out Jack Wilson and got Nate McLouth to ground into a double play.

Just something I saw in the game recap? I just traded for him so I hope this is nothing to worry about? :-o :-o :-o

CLIO Lumber Co.
Mr. Goodwrench
College Coach
College Coach

Postby x_Momentum » Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:41 am

Haha, this is a sad/ironic incident for Oswalt owners. He finally wins a game in forever and he leaves with an injury. Great....
x_Momentum
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Mr. Goodwrench » Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:38 am

Roy Oswalt: Day-to-Day

RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com
Saturday, July 21, 2007
Update: Oswalt is day to day with muscle irritation in his upper chest that caused him to leave Friday's start in the seventh inning. "I've never felt anything there before," Oswalt told the Houston Chronicle. "In the fifth inning, I started feeling discomfort and it felt like it was tight. In the sixth inning, I started feeling it a little bit more and in the seventh inning I was feeling it in my warmup pitches."

Recommendation: This doesn't sound too serious, but we'll track his status closely before his next scheduled start. :-o

CLIO Lumber Co.
Mr. Goodwrench
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:19 pm

Mr. Goodwrench wrote:Roy Oswalt: Day-to-Day

RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com
Saturday, July 21, 2007
Update: Oswalt is day to day with muscle irritation in his upper chest that caused him to leave Friday's start in the seventh inning. "I've never felt anything there before," Oswalt told the Houston Chronicle. "In the fifth inning, I started feeling discomfort and it felt like it was tight. In the sixth inning, I started feeling it a little bit more and in the seventh inning I was feeling it in my warmup pitches."

Recommendation: This doesn't sound too serious, but we'll track his status closely before his next scheduled start. :-o

i really hate those weird injuries that dont sound all that serious because they usually end up sucking...torn pec or something :-?
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Return to Injuries & Player Updates