2 quick yahoo questions...help please? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Beginner's Forum

2 quick yahoo questions...help please?

2 quick yahoo questions...help please?

Postby bretnsid » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:56 pm

1)
If i drop 2 (or more) players at once. Does this count as 2 Moves. Or just 1? Because i know if i cut a player and add another one simultaneously, it only costs me 1 Move.

2)
Jason Bay was cut in my league by some owner. He is on WW until July 21. (saturday). If I put a successful WW claim on him and NO ONE ELSE attempted a WW claim on him, does it still cost me my WW spot, or just count as a Free Agent Pickup??
(i am currently in spot 4 and dont want to lose it if i dont have to.)
...somewhere, on other planets, actual "Beasts" are referring to each other as "Brauns."
bretnsid
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2 quick yahoo questions...help please?

Postby RocketsDWM » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:56 pm

1. Almost positive that counts as two moves

2. It would still count against you for WW position. If you want to check out who put in a claim for him (or who currently has a WW claim on him), offer your whole team for the opposing managers entire team and you will get an error msg saying he has a waiver claim in process. If that msg does not come up, then he does not have a WW claim. Don't go through with the trade though.

I highly doubt you get Bay unless you have 1 or 2 WW position.
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 55)

Postby bretnsid » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:20 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:1. Almost positive that counts as two moves

2. It would still count against you for WW position. If you want to check out who put in a claim for him (or who currently has a WW claim on him), offer your whole team for the opposing managers entire team and you will get an error msg saying he has a waiver claim in process. If that msg does not come up, then he does not have a WW claim. Don't go through with the trade though.

sweet. thank you for the advice on the WW ;-D
...somewhere, on other planets, actual "Beasts" are referring to each other as "Brauns."
bretnsid
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bretnsid » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:39 am

RocketsDWM wrote:1. Almost positive that counts as two moves

I tried doing this with 2 different teams so far. I cant get to actually propose the trade. At what point would it give that WW error?

I selected all the players on the other teams roster (including dl players) hit trade. selected all my players on the following screen to trade to him. hit continue, next screen, it comes up and asks me what players will i drop in order to complete the trade. and i cant get past this page no matter what i select here.

does the trade proposal actually have to go through to know that he has no WW claim open? (he will get an email saying i proposed it)
bretnsid
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RocketsDWM » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:02 pm

viewtopic.php?t=307514&start=10

Doesnt work anymore ---- read that thread
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bretnsid » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:34 pm

thanks again for the response.

turns out nobody put in a WW claim for Bay. I am sitting here able to pick him up for free. I havent done it yet b/c i'm honestly not sure if i have room for him in my OF

Crawford
Pence
Markakis
Francouer
Granderson
bretnsid
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RocketsDWM » Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:35 pm

How many teams in your league?
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bretnsid » Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:51 pm

12 teams. i'm in 2nd place, soon to be 1st. my first private league i've joined. run by a friend at work, and all his buddies are in it. the league has been alive for the most part, but i would say im definitely the most active owner in the league. last place team hasnt logged in for over a month, other than that there is moderate activity. i need a new league next year with people who pay attention more.
bretnsid
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RocketsDWM » Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:00 am

bretnsid wrote:12 teams. i'm in 2nd place, soon to be 1st. my first private league i've joined. run by a friend at work, and all his buddies are in it. the league has been alive for the most part, but i would say im definitely the most active owner in the league. last place team hasnt logged in for over a month, other than that there is moderate activity. i need a new league next year with people who pay attention more.

Maybe try a Cafe league next year. Just check the classifieds section before the season starts and maybe you will find a league. ;-D

The reason I asked about the number of teams was to see the chance of actually getting Bay. Here is what I would do...

-Post your question in the Draft/Trade/WW Forum on the cafe and get some feedback. Ask who on your roster you would drop and who to trade etc. I'm sure you will find some useful advice. ;-D

Good luck ;-D
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Beginner's Forum