Josh Hamilton - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Josh Hamilton

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Josh Hamilton

Postby zig zag daddy » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:21 pm

I gotta think he's going to start today against RHP Zambrano. I havent seen the starting lineup....but I cant see why they wouldnt give him the start.
zig zag daddy
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby IllinoisBandit » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:29 pm

zig zag daddy wrote:I gotta think he's going to start today against RHP Zambrano. I havent seen the starting lineup....but I cant see why they wouldnt give him the start.

Most likely. I don't think I'd advise starting a fringe player against Zambrano, but to each his own.
I wouldn't own him for the rest of the year. Hopper/Griffey/Dunn/Keppinger every once in a while. Too many guys who deserve PT.

4 starts a week I think.
Next year's he's a monster.
IllinoisBandit
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Bwanna » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:41 pm

IllinoisBandit wrote:
zig zag daddy wrote:I gotta think he's going to start today against RHP Zambrano. I havent seen the starting lineup....but I cant see why they wouldnt give him the start.

Most likely. I don't think I'd advise starting a fringe player against Zambrano, but to each his own.

He's had success vs Z in his one and only game against him: 2 ABs, 1 hit, 1 BB, 2 RBIs
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 247)

Postby Bwanna » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:13 am

3 for 5 with a run and an RBI last night ain't too shabby. I'm really curious as to how often he'll sit through the rest of the year.
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby IllinoisBandit » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:24 pm

Bwanna wrote:3 for 5 with a run and an RBI last night ain't too shabby. I'm really curious as to how often he'll sit through the rest of the year.

Ya, good call on that play I have to admit. I suppose it's possible that if he stays hot he would only sit against lefties, entering into a platoon with Norris Hopper. I doubt they've even decided yet.
IllinoisBandit
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Bwanna » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:13 am

Lol, I didn't have a chance to bench him tonight... comes off the bench and knocks the game-winning homer.
[reg season/playoffs]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby apz » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:51 am

Why don't the Reds just throw this guy out there for the remainder of the year to see what he can do; they're not going anywhere? Do the players platooning with Hamilton have the potential that Hamilton does?
apz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 32)

Postby IllinoisBandit » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:05 am

apz wrote:Why don't the Reds just throw this guy out there for the remainder of the year to see what he can do; they're not going anywhere? Do the players platooning with Hamilton have the potential that Hamilton does?

Norris Hopper and Jeff Keppinger have been absolutely on fire. Kepp's got a position at SS for a while so that helps a little. Neither have the potential that Hamilton has, but both need to be given a shot to see where they stand in 2008.
IllinoisBandit
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates