Geez, what's Chris Young's (SDP) value? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Geez, what's Chris Young's (SDP) value?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Geez, what's Chris Young's (SDP) value?

Postby markj11 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:02 pm

dbstrat wrote:This is hilarious! Why is Young not as good as Santana? His numbers are better, aren't they? I just want to know what kind of logic you guys are using to put him up there with Peavy, and Peavy is pretty much right up there with Santana albeit a small notch below.

So why is it ridiculous to rank him with Santana? This doesn't make any sense?

Incidentally, you call me abrasive but you are getting all riled up over nothing. Notice I didn't call anyone a nut? :-B

You can put Peavy up there with Santana but Young can't be put up there with Peavy. WOW.
Last edited by markj11 on Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby markj11 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:04 pm

dbstrat wrote:This is hilarious! Why is Young not as good as Santana? His numbers are better, aren't they? I just want to know what kind of logic you guys are using to put him up there with Peavy, and Peavy is pretty much right up there with Santana albeit a small notch below.

So why is it ridiculous to rank him with Santana? This doesn't make any sense?

Incidentally, you call me abrasive but you are getting all riled up over nothing. Notice I didn't call anyone a nut? :-B

You can put Peavy up there with Santana but Young can't be put up there with Peavy. WOW.
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby chipper » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:09 pm

rjforlife wrote:What has Peavy proven? Seriously. I don't care if Peavy was awesome in '05. He was LOUSY in 06, worse than Young, in fact, and Young has outpitched him this season. To suggest they are not comparable in fantasy value is ridiculous.

Yep.

Fantasy value and real life value.

Now I am not claiming Young is better, that is a debate that could go for hours (and has).
But to say they aren't even close......is either just not understanding the game, or is just a huge man crush on Peavy problem.
chipper
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Padsin05 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:25 pm

Im not saying that Peavy or Young are either of the guys below but this is how I see it in comparison to each other

Peavy=Smoltz of the 1990's
Young=Maddux of the 1990's

once again Im not saying they are anywhere near those 2, just using them as a reference to make a point.

Peavy/Smoltz were power pitchers, aggressive guys who would rather blow people away early in their careers.
Young/Maddux are guys with below avg fastballs who are great pitchers, using a more mental approach
Padsin05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 12)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers