My team - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

My team

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

My team

Postby CapitalJ » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:27 pm

My league is a 9 team non-keeper roto league where we set our line up weekly. We score: TB, RBI, R, OPS, SB, W, SV, IP, ERA, WHIP. I am in second. I have dominated all of the pitching categories except for saves, but been mediocre to poor in all of the offensive categories. Since I am so far ahead of everyone in W and IP, I made a bunch of pitching for hitting trades. I also added a bunch of relievers through trades and the wire. Check out my team and let me know what you think. Keep in mind that with only 9 teams, good players are often not worth that much and that with weekly settings a deep bench is also not too valuable.

C - Mauer
1B - Konerko
2B - Utely
SS - Rollins
3B- Braun
LF- Soriano
CF - Wells
RF - Rios
UT - Hawpe

SP - Webb
SP - Zambrano
SP - Sabathia
SP - Bedard
RP - Nathan
RP- Gagne
P - Gallardo
P - Capps
P - Lidge

BN - Atkins
BN - Weathers
BN - EMPTY
BN - EMPTY
DL - P. Martinez

To fill my 2 open roster spots, I am leaning toward Hunter Pence and Tim Lincecum. Some other solid choices are: C. Patterson, Billy Butler, B. Abreu, K. Millwood, D. Bush and A. Wainwright.
CapitalJ
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Hockey

Re: My team

Postby Frappy » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:35 pm

Pence sounds good, you'll get a solid 5 category contributor there. Lincecum seems like your best option pitching wise, but I wouldn't start him until and unless he turns it around somewhat. He's not exactly contributing 9-teamer numbers, but he definitely can this year. Anyway, it looks like the offense was patched together nicely on your part. With V.Wells, Soriano, Mauer, and Konerko - you can optimistically hope for a better 2nd half. Your pitching is money and full of 2nd half pitchers. Is Akinori Otsuka availible? If he his, consider picking him up as a Gagne trade can make a closer out of Akinori. That would definitely help out your saves category by gaining a solid closer. If you can swing Gallardo and an OF bat for a stud OF, I'd consider that. Gallardo's value should've spiked with his new found rotation spot and dominant numbers so far.

Can you help me?
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=308325
Frappy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team