Low Poster vs Cafe Vets - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Low Poster vs Cafe Vets

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Low Poster vs Cafe Vets

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:21 am

Read what a guy has to say, not what his post count says or how many icons he has. I get more advice from little-known members of the Cafe then I do from the well-known ones, to be honest. Not because I don't trust the well-known ones, but because a lot of the newer guys are more enthusiastic about fantasy baseball and helping n00bs like myself. The only thing I think post count really tells us about a poster is that he knows his way around the Cafe. There are examples on both sides of Cafers with low(er) post counts having their opinions respected over those with high(er) post counts. As you spend time here, names will begin to pop out to you. Remember who they are and not how many times they've posted. You don't need 5,000 or so posts to be respected around here.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 11420
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Re: Low Poster vs Cafe Vets

Postby IrishSox14 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:10 pm

Thanks for all this advice guys. Its been really helpful and I am really liking being around here! Got my first 100 posts ;-D ;-D :-D
Image
IrishSox14
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 121
Joined: 4 Jul 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Low Poster vs Cafe Vets

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:52 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:I think for the most part, people don't care about how many posts you have, but rather what your posts say. If you've got insightful/interesting comments to make, you'll be noticed before you get to a hundred posts. If you post incessantly but never really have much to add, it won't matter if you get to 10,000 posts.


Agreed. That is why I usually ignore your posts. :-D

Seriously, I don't care 1 bit about post totals. If that's anyone's cup of tea, fine. I just don't care about it.

knapplc wrote:The loudest guy in the room isn’t always the most knowledgeable. ;-)


Agreed as well. I learned some time ago that empty barrels usually make the most noise.
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 18)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Re: Low Poster vs Cafe Vets

Postby fezzik » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:35 pm

Yeah...I don't have that many posts, but I've never felt like someone dismissed my post because of post count...now idiocy and irrelevance...that's a different story. ;-)
Image
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 2415
Joined: 9 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Inside my head

Re: Low Poster vs Cafe Vets

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:30 pm

fezzik wrote:Yeah...I don't have that many posts, but I've never felt like someone dismissed my post because of post count...now idiocy and irrelevance...that's a different story. ;-)

I'm sorry, did you say something? I couldn't hear you over my mountain of posts. :-b
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24640
(Past Year: 814)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: Low Poster vs Cafe Vets

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:00 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
fezzik wrote:Yeah...I don't have that many posts, but I've never felt like someone dismissed my post because of post count...now idiocy and irrelevance...that's a different story. ;-)

I'm sorry, did you say something? I couldn't hear you over my mountain of posts. :-b

JTWOOD AND STLSLUGGERS COMBINE TO SAY...

..

..

..

..

What was that? I couldn't hear you. We're celebrating our 14,000th post. :-D
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 14716
(Past Year: 18)
Joined: 24 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Re: Low Poster vs Cafe Vets

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:05 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
fezzik wrote:Yeah...I don't have that many posts, but I've never felt like someone dismissed my post because of post count...now idiocy and irrelevance...that's a different story. ;-)

I'm sorry, did you say something? I couldn't hear you over my mountain of posts. :-b

JTWOOD AND STLSLUGGERS COMBINE TO SAY...

..

..

..

..

What was that? I couldn't hear you. We're celebrating our 14,000th post. :-D


And I say.......What's the big deal?? :-D

Waits for Madison to trump us all.
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 18)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Re: Low Poster vs Cafe Vets

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:17 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:JTWOOD AND STLSLUGGERS COMBINE TO SAY...

..

..

..

..

What was that? I couldn't hear you. We're celebrating our 14,000th post. :-D


And I say.......What's the big deal?? :-D

Waits for Madison to trump us all.

:clicks post feedback:

"...is unfriendly."

:-D
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 14716
(Past Year: 18)
Joined: 24 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Re: Low Poster vs Cafe Vets

Postby fezzik » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:51 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
fezzik wrote:Yeah...I don't have that many posts, but I've never felt like someone dismissed my post because of post count...now idiocy and irrelevance...that's a different story. ;-)

I'm sorry, did you say something? I couldn't hear you over my mountain of posts. :-b


June '05? Quiet down n00b...I think the lack of oxygen on top of your mountain is getting to your head.

:-b
Image
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 2415
Joined: 9 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Inside my head

Re: Low Poster vs Cafe Vets

Postby J35J » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:13 pm

fezzik wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
fezzik wrote:Yeah...I don't have that many posts, but I've never felt like someone dismissed my post because of post count...now idiocy and irrelevance...that's a different story. ;-)

I'm sorry, did you say something? I couldn't hear you over my mountain of posts. :-b


June '05? Quiet down n00b...I think the lack of oxygen on top of your mountain is getting to your head.

:-b



:-B
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 10464
(Past Year: 620)
Joined: 26 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: caphskat, unioreimi and 22 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Apr. 16
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Atlanta at Atlanta
(12:35 pm)
NY Yankees at NY Yankees
(12:35 pm)
Chi Cubs at Chi Cubs
(1:05 pm)
Detroit at Detroit
(1:10 pm)
Cleveland at Cleveland
(3:40 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:05 pm)
indoors
Seattle at Texas
(7:05 pm)
Kansas City at Houston
(7:08 pm)
Toronto at Minnesota
(7:10 pm)
Boston at Chi White Sox
(8:05 pm)
LA Angels at LA Angels
(8:10 pm)
Oakland at Oakland
(8:10 pm)
San Diego at San Diego
(8:10 pm)
Colorado at Colorado
(10:05 pm)
San Francisco at San Francisco
(10:10 pm)
LA Dodgers at LA Dodgers
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact