How can Opening Day tix be sold out b4 they go on sale??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How can Opening Day tix be sold out b4 they go on sale???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How can Opening Day tix be sold out b4 they go on sale???

Postby justinA » Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:05 pm

Orioles FanFest today and individual ticket sales started today. Sumhow, all 48,000 tickets were sold out for Opening Day b4 they went on sale. How does that happen?? There aren't 48,000 season ticket holders. Even the nose bleeds up in the 300's were sold out. Can sumone explain this to me? I had to get tickets for the Wednesday the 7th game against Boston instead. :-P
The Oreos!
justinA
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1013
Joined: 9 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tool069c » Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:17 pm

Well the way the redsox do it, is all opening day tix are obviously included in season tickets, also they are sold as 4 and 10 game packages, which went on sale a month before the single game tix. That's hpw boston works anyways...
tool069c
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 393
Joined: 18 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Mass

Postby trevisc » Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:20 pm

wow..that's great for the Orioles!
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Posts: 11271
Joined: 6 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby Apex » Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:20 pm

I don't know if this explains it completely, but I know this is one factor. You're right, there aren't 48,000 full season tickets sold, but there are also a lot of partial season tickets. The Orioles give all season ticket holders (full and partial) an option to buy opening day tickets. Since most probably take them up on the offer, I think that would explain why they would all go before being available to the general public.
Apex
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 332
Joined: 26 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby justinA » Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:23 pm

Apex wrote:I don't know if this explains it completely, but I know this is one factor. You're right, there aren't 48,000 full season tickets sold, but there are also a lot of partial season tickets. The Orioles give all season ticket holders (full and partial) an option to buy opening day tickets. Since most probably take them up on the offer, I think that would explain why they would all go before being available to the general public.

I guess your right, but who in there right mind would buy partial season tickets in section 355!!! lol.. its aight tho, still get to see a game in the opening series. And yes TrevisC, it is great, but we always sell out opening day, and games against the Yankees. Al because of jefrrey mayer or w/e his name was. If i ever saw him, well, to keep it PG i'll refrain from explaining what i would do to his sorry a$$.
The Oreos!
justinA
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1013
Joined: 9 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Apex » Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:38 pm

justinA wrote:I guess your right, but who in there right mind would buy partial season tickets in section 355!!! lol..

No one's buying season tickets there, but think about it. If someone buys a 13-game plan in a decent seat, there are probably 7 other people that have 13-game plans there as well. If they all order opening day tickets, they're not all going to sit on top of each other on opening day. Their opening day tickets are spread out all over the ballpark, and some of them just have to take what they can get in section 355.
Apex
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 332
Joined: 26 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby justinA » Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:42 pm

Apex wrote:
justinA wrote:I guess your right, but who in there right mind would buy partial season tickets in section 355!!! lol..

No one's buying season tickets there, but think about it. If someone buys a 13-game plan in a decent seat, there are probably 7 other people that have 13-game plans there as well. If they all order opening day tickets, they're not all going to sit on top of each other on opening day. Their opening day tickets are spread out all over the ballpark, and some of them just have to take what they can get in section 355.

good point, I didnt think about it that way. there could be 6 ppl with different 13 game plans in the same seat like u said, multiply that by a couple thousand plans, thats like another 15,000 seats. Thanks for clearing it up for me, i couldnt think of a fathomable way it would happen.
The Oreos!
justinA
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1013
Joined: 9 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mikcou » Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:47 pm

tool069c wrote:Well the way the redsox do it, is all opening day tix are obviously included in season tickets, also they are sold as 4 and 10 game packages, which went on sale a month before the single game tix. That's hpw boston works anyways...


Yes i have gotten one of those packages before ;-)
mikcou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2060
Joined: 28 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Red Sox Nation

Tickets

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 07, 2004 6:02 pm

If it's like so many sporting events now days, they sell them to corporate sponsors first. If you know someone in those organizations then you stand a good shot of getting some. Otherwise welcome to the world of Big Buck Sports!
Guest


Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %


Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: unioreimi and 11 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Aug. 20
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Texas at Miami
(12:40 pm)
indoors
Seattle at Philadelphia
(1:05 pm)
Toronto at Milwaukee
(2:10 pm)
NY Mets at Oakland
(3:35 pm)
Houston at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Atlanta at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Arizona at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Detroit at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
LA Angels at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Cincinnati at St. Louis
(7:15 pm)
San Francisco at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Baltimore at Chi White Sox
(8:10 pm)
Cleveland at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Kansas City at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
San Diego at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact