what would provoke you to do something like that! holy crap that would kill

nice job :-t :-t
IrishSox14
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow!!!

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:53 pm

No way the second one's real though right?
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:12 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:No way the second one's real though right?

I would think blood would be spewing out if it was a real puncture. Not only that there's not a ton of muscle to poke into at the front of your lower leg.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 619)

Postby JRM4833 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:27 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:No way the second one's real though right?

Yahoo reported it with the picture, so I imagine it's real. That would have happened so quickly that there likely wouldn't be time for blood to start spilling out yet. At least that's the best reason I can come up with for the lack of blood.

General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Art Vandelay » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:43 pm

I guess I'm in the minority here: I'd love to run with the bulls. I would guess that you're far less likely to be killed running with the bulls than driving to work in the morning.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:49 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:I guess I'm in the minority here: I'd love to run with the bulls. I would guess that you're far less likely to be killed running with the bulls than driving to work in the morning.

When I was in Spain playing soccer, we witnessed the running of the bulls from our hotel windows, and it really looked like a blast. I'd love to do it.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 388)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:18 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:I guess I'm in the minority here: I'd love to run with the bulls. I would guess that you're far less likely to be killed running with the bulls than driving to work in the morning.

When I was in Spain playing soccer, we witnessed the running of the bulls from our hotel windows, and it really looked like a blast. I'd love to do it.

I've had cousins in Spain run with the bulls. Obviously, they said it's quite the adrenaline rush and as Art said, the chances of getting gored aren't all too bad. Personally, I'd rather not do that and do some other thrill-seeking activity that I actually enjoy (i.e. whitewater rafting), but I can understand it's tradition. I haven't been to Pamplona yet, but I'll make a point to do so for the Running of the Bulls. Sure beats that tomato throwing festival. :-b
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 619)

Postby CheeseBeger » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:26 pm

The bull running always does a great job in producing a few candidates for the Darwin Awards.

I didn't beleive that second picture at first either. X-I
2010 H2HWS Champion - Cleveland Clams
CheeseBeger
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:53 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

I've had cousins in Spain run with the bulls. Obviously, they said it's quite the adrenaline rush and as Art said, the chances of getting gored aren't all too bad. Personally, I'd rather not do that and do some other thrill-seeking activity that I actually enjoy (i.e. whitewater rafting), but I can understand it's tradition. I haven't been to Pamplona yet, but I'll make a point to do so for the Running of the Bulls. Sure beats that tomato throwing festival. :-b

It just catches me as mindless abuse of animals all for the sake of entertainment. I've never witnessed one and I don't know to what extent I can believe the stories I've seen and read, but it certainly appears to me to be a completely unreasonable thing to do. Risking your neck is one thing, if that's what you're into, but the brutality they inflict on these animals is completely unnecessary. If it was just running, fine. But the daggers and spears, some on fire, is just senseless and cruel. I am very much a traditionalist and I love to hunt, but this...I couldn't justify taking part in this.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:04 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:The irony about the first picture is that the two guys gored with each horn are brothers.

yup i heard about them. from the philly area too ;-D

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk