Justin Upton deal - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Justin Upton deal

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Justin Upton deal

Postby powenM » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:28 am

Okay a trade was vetoed recently in my league. It is causing major discord from the league on both sides of the issue. There is clearly no collusion but obviously it is onesided based(which is also in the rules on the fact that Crawford is a proven stud

20team dynasty

Justin upton for CCrawford.

I realize that it is a dynasty & Upton has tremendous upside but he is atleast 2 years away from just beginning to produce and even then we dont know if he'll pan out.

Was this deal rightfully vetoed!!!!!
Just traded BButler, BWood & JLoney for Mark Teixeira, Ryan Theriot & Renyel Pinto in a DYNASTY LEAGUE. Big gamble I know!
powenM
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Justin Upton deal

Postby CBMGreatOne » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:08 am

powenM wrote:Okay a trade was vetoed recently in my league. It is causing major discord from the league on both sides of the issue. There is clearly no collusion but obviously it is onesided based(which is also in the rules on the fact that Crawford is a proven stud

20team dynasty

Justin upton for CCrawford.

I realize that it is a dynasty & Upton has tremendous upside but he is atleast 2 years away from just beginning to produce and even then we dont know if he'll pan out.

Was this deal rightfully vetoed!!!!!

Well, if the trade described here:

Just traded BButler, BWood & JLoney for Mark Teixeira, Ryan Theriot & Renyel Pinto in a DYNASTY LEAGUE. Big gamble I know!

happened in the league you're talking about in this thread and wasn't vetoed, then there's no reason why this one should have been.

And I don't really see how your side is the gamble on that one :-b

But who knows? I guess it depends on how you look at it.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 233)

Postby powenM » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:41 am

no it was a different lg
But keep in mind when my deal was made Butler was in the bigs & JLoney was close.

Upton is a ways away
powenM
General Manager
General Manager

Postby talan37 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:38 am

I don't like it, although I am not sure I would vote to veto...

Upton is such an unknown quantity at this point, who knows what he will do in the bigs(or when he will do it). Crawford is still on the up of his career(Age 26) so its not like its a trade for someone old...

At this point its impossible to evaluate the long term value of a deal like this...maybe if Upton was in AAA, or a fresh callup. I would guess dynasty trade veto's are much more rare on "potential players" since everyone knows they are assuming a lot of risk, so this probably doesn't get vetoed... but I still don't like it, and definitely wouldn't take the Upton side at this point.
Check out my blog at http://www.rotopulse.com for fantasy baseball analysis, injury reports, commissioner info and more. For laughs check out http://www.sportshysterics.com
talan37
College Coach
College Coach

Trivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby morphism » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:22 am

This is a difficult call. Crawford has alot of upside and a long career ahead of him. However, so does Upton and Morneau should be a top power hitter for a few more years. Personally, I would NOT veto this; however (not to cop out), I can understand if someone did vote to veto this transaction.
morphism
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Commissioner's Corner