Reggie Sanders activated today? Butler or Gathright to AAA? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Reggie Sanders activated today? Butler or Gathright to AAA?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Reggie Sanders activated today? Butler or Gathright to AAA?

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:18 pm

RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com
Monday, July 16, 2007
Update: Sanders (hamstring tear) is expected to be activated before Monday's game against Boston, according to The Kansas City Star.

Recommendation: The Royals hope to trade the veteran outfielder because activating him will mean sending down either Joey Gathright, who has performed well for the Royals this season, or phenom Billy Butler. If Sanders remains with the Royals, his playing time will continue to be limited

Anyone heard anything about this?
BALCO All-Stars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Reggie Sanders activated today? Butler or Gathright to AAA?

Postby Rounders » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:35 pm

BALCO All-Stars wrote:RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com
Monday, July 16, 2007
Update: Sanders (hamstring tear) is expected to be activated before Monday's game against Boston, according to The Kansas City Star.

Recommendation: The Royals hope to trade the veteran outfielder because activating him will mean sending down either Joey Gathright, who has performed well for the Royals this season, or phenom Billy Butler. If Sanders remains with the Royals, his playing time will continue to be limited

Anyone heard anything about this?

I could be wrong, but I don't see how they can send down Billy Butler with the way he's playing. They have him in the 4 spot, so they're trusting him to perform. But Gathright has decent numbers since they brought him up too, although he has been slumping the last several games.
Rounders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jorwoods » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:38 pm

Joey Gathright - OF - Royals
According to the Kansas City Star, the Royals may option Joey Gathright to Triple-A when they activate Reggie Sanders from the disabled list Monday.

Gathright is hitting .315 in 25 games since being called up in June, so he clearly deserves to remain in the majors, but may be demoted anyway because he has minor league options left.
Jul. 16 - 9:13 a.m. ET
Source: Kansas City Star
^^thanks to Snakes Gould!
jorwoods
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby thecrownjewels » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:41 pm

Yeah, Gathright was optioned down to make room for Sanders. I don't anticipate Butler ever being in the minors again. He's here for good.
Postby Neato Torpedo » Thu May 05, 2011 4:19 pm
Only 3 HR and a .143 ISO from a first baseman in 118 AAA PA so far? Nice AVG but he's looking an awful lot like James Loney right now.
thecrownjewels
College Coach
College Coach

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:45 pm

Fantastic! Nothing like having to have your weekly lineup set and one of your better hitters the last two weeks might get optioned back to AAA (Butler)...thanks guys.
BALCO All-Stars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Morel Orel » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:59 pm

BALCO All-Stars wrote:Fantastic! Nothing like having to have your weekly lineup set and one of your better hitters the last two weeks might get optioned back to AAA (Butler)...thanks guys.

Butler is staying, Gathright got optioned back to the minors...you're good :-°
My sweet sigs got the boot...
Morel Orel
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Rounders » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:04 pm

BALCO All-Stars wrote:Fantastic! Nothing like having to have your weekly lineup set and one of your better hitters the last two weeks might get optioned back to AAA (Butler)...thanks guys.

I'm loving Butler in the 4 spot, but will he stay there now that Sanders is back? Butler was hitting great, but not getting any stats (except a high AVG) unless the entire team went off and scored 15 runs. I think he could be big from the 4 hole though (and maybe make up for that disaster that is Alex Gordon).
Rounders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:08 pm

So far this month, I think he's hitting .417, with 2 HR, 11 RBI, and 8 R...double those and that's a solid month...but who knows what'll happen. I bet they'll keep Butler at the 4 hole unless Sanders comes back on fire...but Sanders strikes me as more of a 5 or 6 hitter (probably 5 with Gordon at 6)...
BALCO All-Stars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Rounders » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:19 pm

BALCO All-Stars wrote:So far this month, I think he's hitting .417, with 2 HR, 11 RBI, and 8 R...double those and that's a solid month...but who knows what'll happen. I bet they'll keep Butler at the 4 hole unless Sanders comes back on fire...but Sanders strikes me as more of a 5 or 6 hitter (probably 5 with Gordon at 6)...

My concern was that before he was put in the 4 spot (2 days ago), he was getting stats in spurts (6 RBIs 1 game, 2 another game, and 0 the rest. With being in the #4 spot, he won't have to hit a HR to get RBIs. I find it encouraging that he's had 2 and 1 RBI the last 2 games, respectively, without hitting HRs. With Kendrick going on the DL, I wouldn't mind plugging him into my UTIL, but have been hesitant to do so. I think I will now, as long as he stays in the top 4 spots.
Rounders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates