Updates on T.Gordon and B.Myers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Updates on T.Gordon and B.Myers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Updates on T.Gordon and B.Myers

Postby Roberto Clemente » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:36 am

The below copy and paste was taken from Rotoworld concerning Tom Gordon and is dated today.

>Phillies activated RHP Tom Gordon from the 60-day disabled list.

Gordon will be eased back into a late-inning role, so expect him to pitch in middle relief his first couple of times out. Maybe he'll resume closing over Antonio Alfoneseca in a week or two.<

The below copy and paste was taken from the Bucks County Courier Times and is dated yeterday and concerns B.Myers.

>Barring setbacks, the Phils could have one of their rehabbing relievers back this week and the other returning next week.

Myers threw all of his pitches in a 25-pitch bullpen session in Clearwater, Fla., on Saturday, and reported no problems. His next step will be to throw batting practice to minor-league hitters on Tuesday.

After that, Myers will begin a rehab assignment if he feels OK. His target date for a return to the Phils is July 24, one week from Tuesday.<
Roberto Clemente
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Updates on T.Gordon and B.Myers

Postby ceLpH » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:48 am

good to hear.... I heard Myers was pushed back a few days ago but I guess that report was false

I hope he doesnt have any more set-backs and returns to the closer role
http://cashcrate.com/408420

^easy money by filling out referrals and surveys
ceLpH
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby wildbill » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:21 am

Myers has had more return dates then Harden has had injuries. Simply put, I'll believe Myers is back when I actually see him in a game. Even if he does come back I would not be shocked if Charlie overuses him again and he's back on the DL within 2 weeks. Charlie has no idea how to handle a pitching staff and neither does the pitching coach.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jorwoods » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:38 am

wildbill wrote:Myers has had more return dates then Harden has had injuries. Simply put, I'll believe Myers is back when I actually see him in a game. Even if he does come back I would not be shocked if Charlie overuses him again and he's back on the DL within 2 weeks. Charlie has no idea how to handle a pitching staff and neither does the pitching coach.

Yeah he was supposed to be back this week as of a couple of weeks ago. I'm looking at anything I get from Myers (my drafted second starter :~( ) as a bonus for this year.
^^thanks to Snakes Gould!
jorwoods
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby NikeTxGuy » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:42 pm

Hey Mr. Clemente -

Great job in these posts, as I see you are fairly new to Fantasy Baseball Cafe... LOL You make Brandon Funston look bad!

Although he's just at 2 baseballs (out of a possible 5 - Major League Manager) Guys, I'd listen to him... I've done an advanced search on Roberto Clemente and he knows his stuff!

You know Ryan Braun that got called up to play for the Brew Crew? This guy IS Mr. Braun, but in fantasy news/advice!

Keep up the good work man! ;-D
C-Wieters/McCann 1B-Freeman 2B-Kipnis 3B-Trumbo SS-Segura OF-C.Gonzalez OF-Trout OF-Dunn UT-Bourn UT-Andrus
BN:McLouth-Wieters-Arenado

(SP) Kershaw-Moore-Corbin-Buchholz-T.Wood-Fernandez-Teheran
(RP) Rivera-J.Johnson-Gregg-Robertson
NikeTxGuy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 10)

Postby Roberto Clemente » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:54 pm

Well...I do not know about all of that, but I appreciate the words.

R.Braun has been a BIG part of my team. I picked him up when I first heard that the Brew Crew were going to call him up. His numbers are astounding. Braun has hit 14 Home Runs and is batting around .350. We won't even talk about his 8 Stolen Bases and 40 Runs. Keep in mind that he got called
up on May24th.

NikeTxGuy wrote:Hey Mr. Clemente -

Great job in these posts, as I see you are fairly new to Fantasy Baseball Cafe... LOL You make Brandon Funston look bad!

Although he's just at 2 baseballs (out of a possible 5 - Major League Manager) Guys, I'd listen to him... I've done an advanced search on Roberto Clemente and he knows his stuff!

You know Ryan Braun that got called up to play for the Brew Crew? This guy IS Mr. Braun, but in fantasy news/advice!

Keep up the good work man! ;-D
Roberto Clemente
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Homoudont » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:20 pm

Mr. Roberto Clemente

Welcome andIts refreshing to see ur insightful posts concerning Fantasy baseball. Your much better then that troll Wildbill who seems to just want to attack other people's posts or just post crap stating the obvious.

Thanks
Homo
Homoudont
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wildbill » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:10 pm

Homoudont wrote:Mr. Roberto Clemente

Welcome andIts refreshing to see ur insightful posts concerning Fantasy baseball. Your much better then that troll Wildbill who seems to just want to attack other people's posts or just post crap stating the obvious.

Thanks
Homo
Pay no attention to Mr. Homo, he's still pi$$ed off because I keep trashing his man crush Charlie Manuel. He thinks Charlie is the best manager in the history of baseball. He likes him so much he claims he has a photoshopped picture of Charlie's head on a naked man blown up to lifesize hanging over his bed.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby x_Momentum » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:18 pm

Hey guys, I hate to bud in on this fun but isn't this topic related to Tom Gordon and Brett Myers?
x_Momentum
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby wildbill » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:06 pm

x_Momentum wrote:Hey guys, I hate to bud in on this fun but isn't this topic related to Tom Gordon and Brett Myers?
Well it is related. Charlie Manuel is their manager and I keep trashing him. I think Manuel's excessive use of Myers is why Myers got hurt and will get hurt again. However, Homo has such a man crush on Manuel as a manager that he's upset with me for trashing him.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates