Urbina? Still in Florida? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Urbina? Still in Florida?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby chinch sacs » Sat Feb 07, 2004 9:11 pm

Anonymous wrote:Trevisc is like the most moronic roto baller I have ever seen. No one should take what he says seriously. The guy doesnt know jack about fantasy baseball. Why is he even allowed to post. He knows less than most of the idiot newbies around here and thats tough to do.

WTF? Trevisc gives a great deal of sound advice, if you dont like what he says, dont read it
Fantasy sports are ruled by the 50-50-90 rule...

Anytime you have a 50/50 choice between two players, 90% of the time, you'll get it wrong
chinch sacs
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:21 am

trevisc wrote:sounds like he'll have no fantasy value this year.

I wouldn't say that just yet. If Urbina does go to Pittsburgh, you have to remember that he has some good starters who are (hopefully) going to get better and pitch more than 5-6 innings. If they can go 7 or 8, there is a better chance the closer is going to get a save. The Pirates lost a ton (at least 30) games last year because of the bullpen. Now, I'm not saying the setup guys are any better than last year (in fact, they are probably worse), but if they can just get it to the ninth with a lead and have Urbina come in there, I hope he wouldn't pull a Mike Williams and load the bases before finally finishing the games. Don't forget Williams had over 40 saves two years ago in Pittsburgh, and over 20 when he got traded last year. Think about it: Pittsburgh, when it does win, normally wins close. Hence, closers get tons of saves! ;-D
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby trevisc » Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:39 am

Anonymous wrote:Trevisc is like the most moronic roto baller I have ever seen. No one should take what he says seriously. The guy doesnt know jack about fantasy baseball. Why is he even allowed to post. He knows less than most of the idiot newbies around here and thats tough to do.

guy guys guys..let me clarify what I meant here.

Urbina was quoted as saying:

but the closer has said he would rather sit out the season than play for less than he's worth.

I simply meant that he probably won't get what he thinks he's "worth" due to the fact he has legal trouble in his home country and usually if a player hasn't signed by now then his value probably isn't going to go up the more he waits. Usually they end up settling for a lower salary. So if he is true to his word and sits out rather then play for the expos/pittsburgh then he will have no fantasy value this year.

I hope that clears up what I was talking about.
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby eftda » Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:41 am

SF wont open their wallet for him... and the twins have Nathon who is ready to close. Watch for him to have a 30 save season.
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby justinA » Sun Feb 08, 2004 1:16 am

im a people person! wrote:my bet is that urbina signs with sanfrancisco
if not the giants he'll either go to the twins or pirates
most likely wont resign with marlins

i'd like to see the tigers sign him so he and pudge could be reunited

so they can make-out after every win??.. they wouldnt get too much action tho considering its the Tigers.
The Oreos!
justinA
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers