Wht do u think of Ichiro's deal - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Seattle Mariners

Wht do u think of Ichiro's deal

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Wht do u think of Ichiro's deal

Postby sportsfan1433 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:11 pm

I personally thing they gave him way too much, but im not a mariner fan so id like to hear wht the fans think?
sportsfan1433
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Wht do u think of Ichiro's deal

Postby SeaWolf » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:38 am

sportsfan1433 wrote:I personally thing they gave him way too much, but im not a mariner fan so id like to hear wht the fans think?

I think he got too much money. For a team with a history of letting the big boys go, this was a nice change of pace. ;-D
SeaWolf
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mugrila » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:07 am

I'm fine with it. There was a good post on http://www.ussmariner.com on Ichiro's runs created and how he compares to other top CFs like Beltran and Sizemore. They concluded that over the past 4 seasons he's created 50 runs more than the average CF per season. That doesn't include the defensive side of things.

The M's gave him a lot of money, but they got a good deal; much better than spending a ton of money on a mediocre arm. Ichiro has been the face of the organization for years, and they did what they needed to do to keep him where he belongs.
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Big Pimpin » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:11 am

Mugrila wrote:I'm fine with it. There was a good post on http://www.ussmariner.com on Ichiro's runs created and how he compares to other top CFs like Beltran and Sizemore. They concluded that over the past 4 seasons he's created 50 runs more than the average CF per season. That doesn't include the defensive side of things.

The M's gave him a lot of money, but they got a good deal; much better than spending a ton of money on a mediocre arm. Ichiro has been the face of the organization for years, and they did what they needed to do to keep him where he belongs.

Yeah I'm fine with it too. Probably more than I think he's worth from a purely baseball standpoint in relation to the rest of the market, but you lose a ton on the business side of things if Ichiro leaves. I think he's probably worth a good $5M to the bottom line with all the merchandise revenues and attendance and the Japanese following and all that, so once I started thinking about that the deal doesn't seem so bad. I'm just glad he's moved to CF so we can get more power in both the corners.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Pokeyouindaeye » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:46 am

I agree with mugrila and pimpin'. I like the deal from a business point of view. Ichiro also keeps himself in pretty good shape, so I expect him to be doing a few things at the end of the contract that other people might not be able to do.
Yes, I was, uh... I was thinking about ordering the tape, the videotape... about the college girls and the... the wild... the wildness. They're going wild or something? Somebody told me... about going wild.
-Larry David
Pokeyouindaeye
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Return to Seattle Mariners