Olsen Out In The 5th...Why? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Olsen Out In The 5th...Why?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Olsen Out In The 5th...Why?

Postby Prooks25 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:09 pm

Only 80 pitches and they don't let him pitch the 6th...I'm guessing he's hurt.
Prooks25
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Olsen Out In The 5th...Why?

Postby p32bars » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:19 pm

If you would have saw his 5th inning, there was no way they were going to bring him back out for the 6th inning, he barely made it out of the 5th. He put runners on nearly every inning and the 5 walks were not good to see. He couldn't locate his pitches probably 75% of the time and got some help on a double play and a moment of clarity in which he K'ed Zimmerman and Da'Meat Hook back to back. Another thing I noticed about him today, he's a hothead, I think he lets his emotions get to him too quickly, it's sad, b/c he has some great stuff if he would just settle down.
p32bars
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby kev8821 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:48 pm

Yeah I was happy he made it 5 and got the win. He easily could have lost that game and gave up a bunch of runs. All those walks make him a shaky start.
kev8821
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 4)

Postby KTM » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:53 pm

p32bars wrote:If you would have saw his 5th inning, there was no way they were going to bring him back out for the 6th inning, he barely made it out of the 5th. He put runners on nearly every inning and the 5 walks were not good to see. He couldn't locate his pitches probably 75% of the time and got some help on a double play and a moment of clarity in which he K'ed Zimmerman and Da'Meat Hook back to back. Another thing I noticed about him today, he's a hothead, I think he lets his emotions get to him too quickly, it's sad, b/c he has some great stuff if he would just settle down.

He's an extreme hothead. I think he's a guy who would benefit greatly by having an experienced pitcher like Moyer or Maddux around to help him through rough patches. Hamels turn-around last year was in part due to Moyer showing up and providing vet leadership.
KTM
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Injuries & Player Updates