[b]Zack Greinke[/b]best minor league pitcher? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

[b]Zack Greinke[/b]best minor league pitcher?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Purple Haze » Sat Feb 07, 2004 2:34 pm

grammysboy wrote:I look for the Royals to give Greinke a look early in the season. If he does well, he'll stay up, if he struggles, he'll go to Omaha for until Sept. The comparison between Zach and Maddux is a good one. The word is Greinke keeps detailed notes on all hitters and spends a lot of time studying film. He's first to the park and last to leave.

I'm a big Jackson fan. The kid throws hard and has as much potential as any of them. Shut out the D-Backs in his MLB debut on his 20th birthday. Chavez is a great place for him to pitch.

All the posts are great.. This is exactly what I was looking for.. If Greinke is already a pitching geek (Meaning he tracks his hitters ala Schilling/Maddux) to go along with his natural talent.. WOW... You can't measure determination, and intelligence on the baseball field.. Sounds like he has ALL the tools (Greinke) to be the next big thing.. Maddux wasn't considered a K's pitcher, but in his heyday he was no slouch in the k's department...And if Greinke already has command to go along with determination...watch out!

Keep it comming...Thanks for all the great comments...Greinke could be this years Roy Oswalt, or Mark Prior without the K's...don't ya think?

PS. Someone already has Ed Jackson and Scott Kazmir :~(
Purple Haze
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 07, 2004 6:04 pm

Greinke is great but Edwin Jackson might be better keep an eye on him he may make a run early....

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby tddf30 » Sun Feb 08, 2004 3:56 am

He will eventually be good but not for a while.

My guy that i think will be a Superstar is Ervin Santana he is putting up pretty good numbers in Single A ball i and i feel that he will eventually be a great SP for the Angels
tddf30
College Coach
College Coach

Postby KDOGG » Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:07 am

well if santana is only in single A ball right now dont you think it will take him a long time to get established in the majors too?
KDOGG
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Arlo » Mon Feb 09, 2004 3:28 pm

'Best' minor league pitcher is a relative term, of course, depending on what you're looking for. If you're looking for a combination of opportunity/expected arrival and potential, though, I'd agree that Greinke is one of the very best.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby HOOTIE » Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:54 pm

tddf30 wrote:My guy that i think will be a Superstar is Ervin Santana he is putting up pretty good numbers in Single A ball i and i feel that he will eventually be a great SP for the Angels

While Santana is a solid propect, you can't put much into A ball. So much can happen with a move up.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby moose » Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:08 pm

Pitching prospects are so volitile. I say Jackson and Kazmir are the top two. Kazmir has just OWNED hitters so far. But, of course, he'll only be in AA this year so there's still a lot to prove.

Jackson should be a stud. Greinke too.
moose
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers