[b]Zack Greinke[/b]best minor league pitcher? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

[b]Zack Greinke[/b]best minor league pitcher?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

[b]Zack Greinke[/b]best minor league pitcher?

Postby Purple Haze » Sat Feb 07, 2004 2:22 am

Is Zack going to be a superstar, or superhype? Will he be able to get a lot of K's in the majors...

Or does Greg Miller of the Dodgers have more upside overall?

Who will be the best pitcher in the minors now, three to four years from now in the minors..Who will be the next, Randy Johnson/Pedro Martinez?
Purple Haze
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby so0perspam » Sat Feb 07, 2004 2:36 am

edwin jackson is prolly my best guy
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby kentx12 » Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:08 am

So0peRsPam wrote:edwin jackson is prolly my best guy

I agree. I also like Claussen. I think he had 1 start last so I dont know if he is considered minor leaguer or not.

There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby monster » Sat Feb 07, 2004 8:43 am

here's what i've gotten...

Greg Miller- LHP LA Miller is a very mature pitcher… as evidenced by his success in the Florida State League (and even briefly into Double A) at the age of just 18! He throws hard for a lefty (90+ mph range) and already has good command of four pitches. He's a very aggressive pitcher that should fill out his 6'5" frame and become not only a workhorse, by an intimidating presence on the mound. It's too late to say he'll move quickly… he's already done it.

Zack Greinke- RHP KC Outstanding young pitcher that has a good arm and great understanding of what he's doing on the mound. His poise and composure are just beyond compare. And, he's just turned 20! The Royals may have another Brett Saberhagen on their hands. Considering what he's accomplished already in his brief pro career, the Royals might be tempted to test him in the Majors this summer. I'm ranking Greinke as the best right-handed pitcher in the Minors.

Edwin Jackson- RHP LA Jackson is one of those pitchers that can hit the mid-90's when he doesn't even look like he's trying. He needs to refine his secondary pitches, but he has the arm to succeed. Look for him to be in the LA rotation out of Spring Training. Could be one of the elite starters in the NL in coming years.
I didn't really say everything I said.
-Yogi Berra
monster
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter
Location: i'm in my own little world, but it's OK, they know me here...

Postby prodpaul » Sat Feb 07, 2004 9:01 am

Just to let you know Greinke's forte is not really K's but control. He does not walk hardly anyone. It will be interesting to see how long or if he is in the minors this year.

Tetelestai
prodpaul
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby djacks » Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:55 am

I've heard Greinke compared to Maddux...I'd say that's a better comparison than Saberhagen...Jackson and Miller are both great prospects as well...I won't even try to guess which one will be the best...but as a Royals fan I'll root for Greinke... ;-D
"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."-Ayn Rand
djacks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby ondeckb » Sat Feb 07, 2004 12:00 pm

djacks wrote:I've heard Greinke compared to Maddux...I'd say that's a better comparison than Saberhagen...Jackson and Miller are both great prospects as well...I won't even try to guess which one will be the best...but as a Royals fan I'll root for Greinke... ;-D

;-D
"Ninety feet between bases is the closest man has ever come to perfection"
ondeckb
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby grammysboy » Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:09 pm

I look for the Royals to give Greinke a look early in the season. If he does well, he'll stay up, if he struggles, he'll go to Omaha for until Sept. The comparison between Zach and Maddux is a good one. The word is Greinke keeps detailed notes on all hitters and spends a lot of time studying film. He's first to the park and last to leave.

I'm a big Jackson fan. The kid throws hard and has as much potential as any of them. Shut out the D-Backs in his MLB debut on his 20th birthday. Chavez is a great place for him to pitch.
grammysboy
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:14 pm

Check out Scot Kazmir, New York Mets lefty high 90's fastball,
compared to billy wagner if he were a starter.Worth a look.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby diesel99xx » Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:15 pm

my bad forgot to log in!!!!!!!!!!!!!
diesel99xx
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers