Tejada - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Tejada

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Tejada

Postby jfg » Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:07 am

What is the timeline for his return to the lineup and the expectations for when he comes back?
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 95)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Tejada

Postby kimchi_chigae » Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:00 am

He was supposed to come back early August, but I have read that he is ahead of schedule. Still a few weeks away though. Wrist injuries are usually bad for power numbers. Tejada's HR numbers have gone down last couple of years anyway, but you can still expect him to hit for a good AVG.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 211)

Postby Ursa » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:05 am

Apparently he made an active decision this season not to hit for power but to hit for average. This has made him the least valuable player I have, based on productivity of R, HR, RBI and SB per AB. Yet he hit a flurry of 4 HRs in 9 games during late May, so he can still hit for power if he wants. Personally, I see no reason why he would hit for average as there is little in the Baltimore lineup to get him across the plate even if he's on base a lot.

Also, I would be wary of the wrist injury - Tejada will likely not say if it's hurting and handicapping him, he'll just try to work through it. I'm keeping him on my bench until I see how he's doing when he gets back.
Ursa
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Danger » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:57 pm

Jul 18 Spencer Fordin, of Orioles.MLB.com, reports Baltimore Orioles SS Miguel Tejada (wrist) took 50 swings of batting practice and fielded ground balls for 20 minutes Tuesday, July 17. "I feel really good," Tejada said. "I don't think it's going to take me a lot of time to get ready. I think as soon as they say I can play and I can swing, I'm going to be ready to play." While the organization is not going to rush their star shortstop back onto the field, Tejada expects to be activated by the end of the month. KFFL

He looks like he's way ahead of schedule which is promising and a bit concerning as well. Everytime I read an update on him he seems to be doing a lot more than expected. From what I read he was just supposed to start "light" batting activities on Monday and now he's taking swings in BP and even fielding ground balls. Obviously a wrist injury is a pretty damning injury for a batter and we don't need him rushing back so he can lose even MORE power than he already has from his swing. Coming from a guy with a consecutive games streak going I fear he may be a bit overambitious to come back early, I just hope the O's management keeps a close eye on this.
Danger
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Injuries & Player Updates