Overall seriousness on FBC? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Overall seriousness on FBC?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Overall seriousness on FBC?

Postby dbstrat » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:51 am

This forum seems a ton more serious than any other forum I visit. Most of them are filled with routine jokes and smiles and happiness while this one is pretty much all business all the time.

Is that because the mod staff keeps everything on topic or because fantasy baseball players have no sense of humor? :-b
dbstrat
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Overall seriousness on FBC?

Postby J35J » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:04 am

dbstrat wrote:This forum seems a ton more serious than any other forum I visit. Most of them are filled with routine jokes and smiles and happiness while this one is pretty much all business all the time.

Is that because the mod staff keeps everything on topic or because fantasy baseball players have no sense of humor? :-b

Why do you think other sites are full of jokes and smiles? ;-7
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 392)

Postby dbstrat » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:07 am

because they didn't draft Kazmir in the 8th round thinkin they got a steal? :~(
dbstrat
College Coach
College Coach

Postby J35J » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:11 am

dbstrat wrote:because they didn't draft Kazmir in the 8th round thinkin they got a steal? :~(

See, thats NOT funny! Because I did the same thing, a couple rounds later but still thought he would put up some solid numbers! !+)

To answer you're question though....other sites have to find something to do to fill there day, they don't have half the people this place does with the knowledge of baseball and fantasy baseball. Its tough to talk about something you know little about, so you gotta mix in the jokes and smiles! ;-)

You must not be looking in the right places on this forum for all the jokes and smiles.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 392)

Postby Tavish » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:20 am

dbstrat wrote:This forum seems a ton more serious than any other forum I visit. Most of them are filled with routine jokes and smiles and happiness while this one is pretty much all business all the time.

Us mods for the most part just try to keep the boards from de-evolving into chat and flame forums. The threads seem more serious because there are some of the most intelligent fantasy players I've ever seen who post here. I actually think there is a pretty good balance of humor mixed in with the information.

As far as running jokes go, there are tons of them that have been going for several years. Most people catch on to them fairly quickly even if they weren't around for the origins. Some of the more popular running jokes that you will often see references to are Matt Riley, 3 HR Games, Cole Hamels is God, and the Texas Rangers.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

Postby acsguitar » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:29 am

Serious Cat doesn't think thats a problem
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby rjforlife » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:24 pm

Matt Riley !+) . What percentage of the people in the world who know about Matt Riley are on the cafe? 98.7% would be my best guess.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 748)

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:26 pm

Tavish wrote:

Us mods for the most part just try to keep the boards from de-evolving into chat and flame forums. The threads seem more serious because there are some of the most intelligent fantasy players I've ever seen who post here. I actually think there is a pretty good balance of humor mixed in with the information.

As far as running jokes go, there are tons of them that have been going for several years. Most people catch on to them fairly quickly even if they weren't around for the origins. Some of the more popular running jokes that you will often see references to are Matt Riley, 3 HR Games, Cole Hamels is God, and the Texas Rangers.

couldnt agree more Tavish. Also if u want to be goofy, go to GT.

Also, watch out for serious cat O:-)
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheA'sFatLeadoffMan » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:41 pm

Watch out for Aubrey Huff and the ever famous Tru :-D
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:43 pm

Wrong forum!

n00b :-C
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Next

Return to General Talk