"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bsblallstr » Fri Feb 06, 2004 6:22 pm

.250, he will hit at least .290, probably around .310, have about 10 HR, 50 RBI, 100+Runs, and more than 60 SB, it cracks me up everyone think he will be just under 62, like 58 is his high, he will be over 62, the guy stole like 40 something bases last year in the second half, and he will get on base more this year, very good selection for a fantasy team.
Reyes and guerrero, the two most blessed players in the league, not to mention the most fun to watch
bsblallstr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby baseball genius » Fri Feb 06, 2004 6:28 pm

Brendo wrote:UNDER....'cause he's gonna hit .250

what a joke

he'll steal about 60, I'd say just under.

Detroit Tigers 2004 World Series Champions
baseball genius
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Brendo » Fri Feb 06, 2004 6:30 pm

bsblallstr wrote:.250, he will hit at least .290, probably around .310, have about 10 HR, 50 RBI, 100+Runs, and more than 60 SB, it cracks me up everyone think he will be just under 62, like 58 is his high, he will be over 62, the guy stole like 40 something bases last year in the second half, and he will get on base more this year, very good selection for a fantasy team.

Is this guy his dad, or his brother????

he took 26 walks and struck out over 100 times and was on base .309 percent of the time (Roger Cedeno was on base more!!!!!)

yes he was a rookie, and should get better but will not be a .281 hitter again until he takes the occasional pitch
YAHOO! RULES!!!!!
Brendo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:04 pm

Crawford can't take a pitch and wants to yank jack the ball out of the park. If he could learn to take a BB he would swipe 100 bases......If in fact he does learn to be more selective his wheels will prob not be what they are now.

I'm not saying that he will but In the future he could turn out to be one of those Shannon Stewart types which isn't very valuable in fantasy baseball..

In the best case scenario he might hit 30 hr's..it won't be this year though..and he will prob stop running once his power comes..turning him into Rondell White

I also see a lower BA..and less steals in 2004

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:13 pm

Crawford can't take a pitch and wants to yank jack the ball out of the park. If he could learn to take a BB he would swipe 100 bases......If in fact he does learn to be more selective his wheels will prob not be what they are now.

I'm not saying that he will but In the future he could turn out to be one of those Shannon Stewart types which isn't very valuable in fantasy baseball..

In the best case scenario he might hit 30 hr's..it won't be this year though..and he will prob stop running once his power comes..turning him into Rondell White

I also see a lower BA..and less steals in 2004

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:39 pm

I think that you're overestimating Crawfords power potential, guest. He's got 17 minor league home runs in 412 games. Granted, he could fill out some and maybe one day hit 20, but he's a speedster. I think that 62 is right on the money for this year and I look for it to go up in the years to come. Think Pierre with a little more power.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby bsblallstr » Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:56 pm

i agree absolutely adequate, he will only get better, he is a youngster, who had a great 2nd half, that means that he made adjustments brendo and guest, he will be better next year, his k/BB is not good, but it will be better next year and he will not lose his SB for at least 3 more years, and thats an if he does, os dont sya he is a rondell white, and if he does lose his speed and hit 30HR, than thats great, cause i think he will always steal at least 20 bags for a long time.
Reyes and guerrero, the two most blessed players in the league, not to mention the most fun to watch
bsblallstr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby NZF » Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:22 pm

Brendo wrote:
bsblallstr wrote:.250, he will hit at least .290, probably around .310, have about 10 HR, 50 RBI, 100+Runs, and more than 60 SB, it cracks me up everyone think he will be just under 62, like 58 is his high, he will be over 62, the guy stole like 40 something bases last year in the second half, and he will get on base more this year, very good selection for a fantasy team.

Is this guy his dad, or his brother????

he took 26 walks and struck out over 100 times and was on base .309 percent of the time (Roger Cedeno was on base more!!!!!)

yes he was a rookie, and should get better but will not be a .281 hitter again until he takes the occasional pitch

He may well get better but it won't be this year. I wouldn't touch a guy with a .309 OBP in his first full year. Expect a sophomore slump in all categories except maybe HR's. He might hit 6 this year.
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers