Where do play FLB? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Where do play FLB?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Subversive » Fri Feb 06, 2004 9:34 pm

jbird669 wrote:AMEN BRENDO!

But guess what! I USE TQ STATS! AND WE PLAY FOR $$$$, because there is no other reason to play. We have a $35 entry fee, $90 to the website, $125 to the winner, $70 to second, $35 to third, and $3 goes to the winner of each of the 10 categories.

I can't believe no one plays for $ on this site. Baffles me. I understand if you can't afford it. But I think all of us can part with $10. The reason most ppl play on Yahoo is, and I am guessing here, they cannot get 8-10 ppl together in their neighborhood to play together for cash, so they play for free, am I right.

We play for money too. We do an online draft, send all our money via Paypal to the treasurer, then input the teams manually into Yahoo with our scoring categories. Why pay the website when you don't have to? $90 to run a league when I can get one run for free at yahoo is just a waste.
Bah, humbug.
Subversive
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Brendo » Sat Feb 07, 2004 12:27 am

you pay $90 for, and write this down, SOMETHING BETTER THAN YAHOO!

my league mebers like to look at there team page and see what their team is doing THAT night.

maybe you enjoy looking through every box score on the espn page, but I don't

plus, some other sites offer features that yahoo does not....like for example....every conceivable feature in fantasy baseball

I know I'm exaggerating here, and yahoo is probably fine for most leagues, but some have different rules and need different things.

I've used TQ stats and sort of got tired of some of the waiver and free agent features.....I'll try cbs this year because they allow our keepers to play at their old positions (Pujols at third, Chipper at third....)

that's something yahoo could not, or would not do.
YAHOO! RULES!!!!!
Brendo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby trevisc » Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:00 am

I play at Yahoo.com and the winner of my league gets an engraved Trophy!
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby justinA » Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:08 am

jbird669 wrote:AMEN BRENDO!

But guess what! I USE TQ STATS! AND WE PLAY FOR $$$$, because there is no other reason to play. We have a $35 entry fee, $90 to the website, $125 to the winner, $70 to second, $35 to third, and $3 goes to the winner of each of the 10 categories.

I can't believe no one plays for $ on this site. Baffles me. I understand if you can't afford it. But I think all of us can part with $10. The reason most ppl play on Yahoo is, and I am guessing here, they cannot get 8-10 ppl together in their neighborhood to play together for cash, so they play for free, am I right.

u know i have noticed that too, that most ppl in the cafe dont play for money. We have basically the same setup as u do in prizes. 14 teams, $30 entry, $120 to CBS, $150 to winner, $100 second, $50 third I believe, another guy manages that. But yea, we do it like u except we dont award for 1st in category cuz it always seems like the winner overall wins most of the cats or if not him, then the 2nd or 3rd overall wins some so basically we just put it all into 1st, 2nd, or 3rd to not complicate things. say u get 14 teams together on free yahoo, 10 each like u said, thats 140 in pure prize money.
The Oreos!
justinA
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby fantasy_gamer » Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:15 am

Sportsline Commissioner ;-D

Yahoo is good for a free site, but has limitations that our league didn't like.
fantasy_gamer

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby tddf30 » Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:35 am

yahoo ;-D ;-D ;-D
tddf30
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Brendo » Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:37 am

trevisc wrote:I play at Yahoo.com and the winner of my league gets an engraved Trophy!

we play on sportsline....12 teams, $50....because really, if you can pay 35, you can afford 50

pay out for 1st, 2nd and third ....last year the winners had to suck it up and help buy the trophy, and now that travels to the winner every year.....by the way, it's the Lenny Dykstra Nails Cup
YAHOO! RULES!!!!!
Brendo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:24 am

did cbs ever get that awful live draft software updated? is it still 4+ hrs for a live online draft?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Subversive » Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:16 am

Brendo wrote:you pay $90 for, and write this down, SOMETHING BETTER THAN YAHOO!.

Wow, nice capitalization. Well, since apparently putting it in capital letters makes it more true, I'll respond in kind. PAYING OVER 25% OF YOUR LEAGUE FEES TO MANAGEMENT OF STATS IS STUPID. I WOULD RATHER HAVE TO LOOK AT MY STATS ON YAHOO THE NEXT MORNING THAN LOSE THAT MUCH PRIZE MONEY AT THE END OF THE YEAR. Wow, that does seem more true. I'll have to use this capitalization thing more often.
Bah, humbug.
Subversive
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby moose » Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:54 pm

Yeah but when you pay a stats site, you get much more than you do with Yaaaaaaaaaaaahoooo-oooo!

TQ is ten times better than Yahoo.

Can you keep salaries at Yahoo?
Can you keep contracts at Yahoo?
Can you run a keeper league at Yahoo?
Can you use your site 365 days a year at Yahoo?

no, no, no, and no
moose
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers