I drank with Lackey, Shields, Napoli & Quinlan - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

I drank with Lackey, Shields, Napoli & Quinlan

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: I drank with Lackey, Shields, Napoli & Quinlan

Postby AllStar215 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:59 am

I was at a Spanish restaurant/club/bar couple weeks ago with a friend of mine...Antonio Alfonseca from the Phillies was there also...Real nice guy; he paid for our food and all... ;-D
AllStar215
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Y2J » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:03 pm

King of the castle.

Its actually no big deal. I have partied/drank/seen f-d up more athletes than Id care to mention. Hell I even party with a few in other towns. But you really should respect their privacy. Telling the internet is never a good idea
Y2J
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rjforlife » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:21 pm

Y2J wrote:King of the castle.

Its actually no big deal. I have partied/drank/seen f-d up more athletes than Id care to mention. Hell I even party with a few in other towns. But you really should respect their privacy. Telling the internet is never a good idea

All the OP said was he drank with the guys and had a good time...the problem with that is?????
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1284)

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:06 pm

Yeah, no big scandal if a ballplayer has a beer now and then. And if he gets wasted in public, he's kind of asking for the notoriety as far as I'm concerned.

Not to hijack this thread from the drinking theme, but it would be fun to hear more stories of people who have seen ballplayers or people connected to the game out and about.

I used to bartend here in St. Paul, MN and (umpire) Tim Tschida used to come in occasionally (he's a St. Paul native). The guy was extremely nice and down to earth - he also had some funny stories about ballplayers. One that stood out was when Rickey Henderson was traded from an east coast team back to a west coast team. He had left his expensive vehicle parked at the condo that he'd just vacated. His agent called and said they were going to tow his car if he didn't move it out of there, and Rickey replied, "Which one?"

I've seen Terry Mulholland at a well-known coffee chain in Mpls.

Also, a cab driver told me when Chuck Knoblauch played for the Twins, he was a real prince of a guy. A few Twins were riding around town and when it came time to pay the fare, Knoblauch refused and said, "Don't you know who we are?" expecting a free fare. Wow, what a classy guy.
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Postby citti34 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:58 pm

Obviously you wanted us to know "hell I even party with a few in other towns". Leave it be Mr. Confidential.
citti34
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TDS-MN » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:04 pm

BillyHallDisciple wrote:
Also, a cab driver told me when Chuck Knoblauch played for the Twins, he was a real prince of a guy. A few Twins were riding around town and when it came time to pay the fare, Knoblauch refused and said, "Don't you know who we are?" expecting a free fare. Wow, what a classy guy.

Heh, I used to run into Chucky at a certain gentleman's club in downtown MPLS years ago. Let's say that he didn't have a lot of fans amongst the "entertainers" there. :-o

I haven't many other encounters with pro athletes. . . . Not really something I go out of my way to do. Wouldn't recognize many of them if they stepped on my foot, though, to tell the truth.
TomS.
'12 H2H season standings:
Team 1 = 140 - 118 - 12, 4 OF 12
Team 2 = 84 - 97 - 9, 6 OF 8
TDS-MN Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby dewey finn » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:13 pm

hypocrite :-D
dewey finn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby abrunn11 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:55 pm

Quinlan was my best friends roomate in college, so I cannot count how many times i have hung out with him.
abrunn11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Kingctb27 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:37 pm

dewey finn wrote:

hypocrite :-D

Just what I was about to say.

:-D
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby soxrock556 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:30 am

Thats cool I sat next to Chris Duhon (Bulls Guard) at a cubs game once and i was in full sox gear he kept trying to get me to cheer for the cubbies. :-t Of course I didn't but we were both joking around for the whole game it was pretty cool. I wouldnt
stand when there was a homer so he lifted me up. (the best part is the homer was called foul after the play :-D )

http://www.freewebs.com/cubsox1234/sigs.htm
^^CHECK OUT MINE AND SPORTSFAN1433 SIGS^^
soxrock556
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics ExpertWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk