Moss + Grace for Nomo. Who wins? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Moss + Grace for Nomo. Who wins?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Moss + Grace for Nomo. Who wins?

Postby zpalm » Mon May 13, 2002 10:08 am

In an NL only league i just traded moss $6 + Grace $17 for Nomo $14.

Our roto league is a 5X5 except instead of k's we count k's -BB and I think Nomo will turn things around, while Grace could lose his job with Durazo returning (or at least cut into his time) + D. Moss if he pitches bad could lose his job to A. lopez.

What are your thoughts?
zpalm
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Arlo » Mon May 13, 2002 10:46 am

Seems like a wise move, assuming you have another reasonable option at 1b. I agree with your assessment of the risks involved here.

This deal certainly beats having to cut Grace outright if his playing time does go down significantly (at the moment, I'm guessing he'll play in roughly 2/3 of the games, but nobody can be certain how this situation will turn out).

Who will you play at 1b?
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby zpalm » Mon May 13, 2002 11:59 am

I'd move Karros to 1st base from CI, Tatis from util to CI and then i'd put in Bobby Hill at Util. If he struggles i also have Ortiz of Colorado as a reserve.

Basically i am putting Bobby hill for Grace.
zpalm
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Arlo » Mon May 13, 2002 5:43 pm

It's close. Basically, you're betting that Hill will be the full-time starter, while Grace will platoon. Sounds like the odds are on your side here (although neither is certain), but I'd keep a close eye on Hill (and Ortiz), and start considering a backup plan in case Hill doesn't work out. I like Hill's potential a lot, though.

One more factor to consider is: what salary will be assigned to whoever you pick up to fill your roster?

Anyway, looks like a solid move!
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers