Bump A.J. Pierzynski up in your Catcher rankings - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bump A.J. Pierzynski up in your Catcher rankings

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby kentx12 » Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:18 pm

A.J.

There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby justinA » Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:41 pm

AJ as well, even b4 this development of him hitting 2nd.
The Oreos!
justinA
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby shortsavage » Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:01 pm

Do not pay extra for AJ just because you think he has a shot at hitting 2nd.

The Giants will have to find a way to brew offense in 2004, and juggling the lineup will probably one of their favorite methods.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby nsulham » Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:10 pm

Let's not forget that AJ is switching leagues and his position hinders him more than any other position probably in that not only does he have to learn the new SF staff but he also has to learn the NL pitchers now.

If he moves up to #2 in the order that's a big plus for him but don't lose sight of the fact that he also has some things going against him as well. Don't jump the gun on him just because of this latest news.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:33 pm

Alou batted Snow at #2 a lot last year and I see no reaason why he wont do it again. He likes his plate discipline and the number of walks he gets to set the table for Barry. Plus, AJ has more power than Snow, and would be better suited for driving in runs in the 5 or 6 spot

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby BobbyRoberto » Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:53 pm

I agree with Guest. Snow had his most at-bats (138) in the #2 spot and got on base at a .413 clip. Pierzynski had a better slugging percentage, so maybe he'll bat 4th?
Roger Angell: I was talking with Bob Gibson and I said: 'Are you always this competitive?' He said: 'Oh, I think so. I got a three-year old daughter, and I've played about 500 games of tic-tac-toe with her and she hasn't beat me yet.'
BobbyRoberto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby PacBellParker » Fri Feb 06, 2004 9:05 pm

Giants fan here.

Alou likes to change his order around often, but here is likely the one that will be used most frequently:

1. Durham
2. Snow
3. Bonds
4. Alfonso
5. AJ
6. Grissom
7. Tucker/Mohr
8. Perez

Alou has indicated that he may flip the 5-7 spots around depending on how the players look in camp, considering he hasn't yet had a real chance to evaluate how Tucker/Mohr/AJ play.
PacBellParker
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby tlef316 » Fri Feb 06, 2004 9:18 pm

eww. that lineup is not looking so hot. honestly, if i were playing the giants, i would walk bonds everytime the bases werent loaded. there is nobody else in that lineup capable of 100 RBI. if jason schmidt isnt lights out and nen doesnt come back strong the giants are in huge trouble. if you are a betting man, give serious thought to taking the under on the giant win total, because my guess is it will be too high.
welcome home andy
tlef316
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby TownDrunk » Fri Feb 06, 2004 9:36 pm

PacBellParker wrote:Giants fan here.

Alou likes to change his order around often, but here is likely the one that will be used most frequently:

1. Durham
2. Snow
3. Bonds
4. Alfonso
5. AJ
6. Grissom
7. Tucker/Mohr
8. Perez

Alou has indicated that he may flip the 5-7 spots around depending on how the players look in camp, considering he hasn't yet had a real chance to evaluate how Tucker/Mohr/AJ play.

Agree, that is the lineup Alou said he plans on using. I doubt Snow will be moved from the #2 spot. Although he lacks speed (big time!) he actually excelled in that spot last season.

ALfonzo is very capable of driving in a 100 runs. After a horrid start, he really picked it up the 2nd half. I expect big, bounce back years from both Durham and Alfonzo.

Expect Mohr to be the everyday, starting RF by the All Star break! ;-D

[b]25[/b]
TownDrunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Web Supporter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby wrveres » Sat Feb 07, 2004 2:08 am

Anonymous wrote:Alou batted Snow at #2 a lot last year and I see no reaason why he wont do it again. He likes his plate discipline and the number of walks he gets to set the table for Barry. Plus, AJ has more power than Snow, and would be better suited for driving in runs in the 5 or 6 spot

I was just gonna say ... I read a couple of articles yesterday, where Alou said JT Snow would bat 2nd.

Alou also said that he might try Feliz at short which I thought was interesting ... :-?
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1155)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers