25 SB's for Hairston? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

25 SB's for Hairston?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Erboes » Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:08 pm

The more I think about it, Roberts will probably get more AB's in CF than at 2b because Matos stinks. I think Hairston is a safe bet of getting 500 AB's and reaching those numbers, providing he hits leadoff when he and Roberts are both out there.
Erboes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wp001g » Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:12 pm

Erboes wrote:The more I think about it, Roberts will probably get more AB's in CF than at 2b because Matos stinks. I think Hairston is a safe bet of getting 500 AB's and reaching those numbers, providing he hits leadoff when he and Roberts are both out there.

I would tend to agree. They didn't throw a new contract at his feet to have him platoon. Hairston will start, its his job to lose and I see him having a pretty solid year at the plate and with the glove.

.275 AVG, 8 HR, 85R, 45RBI, 30 SB
wp001g
College Coach
College Coach

Postby baseball genius » Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:41 pm

trevisc wrote:It depends on how much time he gets. i've got him and Roberts penciled in for 15 a piece at the moment.

Even if he is a part time player I think he can reach 20.

Detroit Tigers 2004 World Series Champions
baseball genius
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:59 pm

Erboes wrote:The more I think about it, Roberts will probably get more AB's in CF than at 2b because Matos stinks. I think Hairston is a safe bet of getting 500 AB's and reaching those numbers, providing he hits leadoff when he and Roberts are both out there.

??Roberts has never played CF in his life, afaik. What makes you think they'd put him there, when they have Matos, Bigbie, and Mora with more experience in the OF?
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby stabone76 » Fri Feb 06, 2004 6:06 pm

GotowarMissAgnes wrote:

??Roberts has never played CF in his life, afaik. What makes you think they'd put him there, when they have Matos, Bigbie, and Mora with more experience in the OF?
erboes makes crap up sometimes
stabone76
College Coach
College Coach

Postby LBJackal » Fri Feb 06, 2004 6:20 pm

Erboes wrote:Roberts will probably get more AB's in CF than at 2b because Matos stinks.

Do you have any evidence that Matos stinks? He's great defensively, and is also a good hitter with a bit of power and speed. It's people like you who make Matos a draft day steal...

And like somebody mentioned, how do you figure Roberts will play OF? He hasn't played anything but SS/2B in his entire career, including the minors.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Ron Badger » Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:36 pm

Matos(barring an injury) is an awesome young talent, and will start every game at center for the O's this year. Roberts and Harriston will battle it out this spring for the 2B job, wait and see who wins before drafting either. Mora will hit leadoff for the O's this season, and Matos will hit #2. This puts the second baseman(Roberts or Harriston?) way down in the batting order.
Ron Badger Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby justinA » Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:42 pm

Ron Badger wrote:Matos(barring an injury) is an awesome young talent, and will start every game at center for the O's this year. Roberts and Harriston will battle it out this spring for the 2B job, wait and see who wins before drafting either. Mora will hit leadoff for the O's this season, and Matos will hit #2. This puts the second baseman(Roberts or Harriston?) way down in the batting order.

i agree with everything excpet the batting order. I believe i read in an article somewhere that the projected lineup is mora, then hairston, with matos down in the 8 hole as a second leadoff man. Rototimes.com also confirms this. That is way more logical because it creates i situation where u have the most speed at the top, but still keep some down at the bottom for Mora wen the order comes back around.
The Oreos!
justinA
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Erboes » Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:04 pm

Yep, I think I was mistaken about Roberts playing CF. I thought I read it someplace but I can't find it now. Sorry about that.

And come on, Matos is a dog. The guy has a career minor league average of .272. I've yet to see anything that even hints of any talent the guy possesses other than some speed. Don't get fooled by a smidgen of success he had last season. The guy will be a career 5th OF or minor leaguer.
Erboes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Erboes » Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:21 pm

Yep, I think I was mistaken about Roberts playing CF. I thought I read it someplace but I can't find it now. Sorry about that.

And come on, Matos is a dog. The guy has a career minor league average of .272. I've yet to see anything that even hints of any talent the guy possesses other than some speed. Don't get fooled by a smidgen of success he had last season. The guy will be a career 5th OF or minor leaguer.
Erboes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers