Impact of Pudge to DET - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Impact of Pudge to DET

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby tlef316 » Sat Feb 07, 2004 6:24 pm

ondeckb wrote:The impact is.......Pudge & Boras are richer.... :-/

bingo!!! ;-D

actually, i think they will be a little bit better, but they will still lose 100 games. they are going in the right direction though
welcome home andy
tlef316
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Casimir » Sat Feb 07, 2004 7:27 pm

mcqfesijiba wrote:I would still like to see them sign a veteran pitcher, any veteran, to fill a rotation spot. I'm not talking a Greg Maddux, just an innings-eater who would be better than anything they throw out there as their current #5 starter.
Yeah and as it turns out, Pudge and Borras ARE richer. But, hey, as long as this turns out beneficial for the Tigers, I don't care.

I'm not so sure a veteran pitcher needs to be added. #1 through #4 will be Jason Johnson, Mike Maroth, Nate Cornejo, and Jeremy Bonderman, in some order. Battling for the #5 spot are Esteban Yan (who could yet factor into the closer equation), Nate Robertson (who looked good in Toledo and in a late season callup), Rob Henkel (the key to the Mark Redman deal; likely to start the season in Toledo), Matt Roney (still developing), and Gary Knotts (assuming he's out of management's doghouse).

OK, so its not exactly the type of rotation that made the Braves a powerhouse. But what veteran pitchers are left on the market? Greg Maddux probably won't be enticed to go to Detroit, although that's what many thought about Pudge. After Maddux, who's left? Chuck Finley? Ron Villone? Jose Lima? There's just not much left via free agency.
Addicted to the Cafe on 01/04/04.
Casimir
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On my way to the World Series victory parade for the Tigers.

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers