Flight of the Conchords - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Flight of the Conchords

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Flight of the Conchords

Postby teddy ballgame » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:16 pm

Field wrote:I feel like the best way to get into one of these new premium cable shows (if you don't have that much time) is to wait until the first season is over and the next one is about to begin, then watch the first season marathon style. I find myself way more invested this way, and very excited about the upcoming season.

I totally agree. The experience is so much better when watching it as a marathon.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:32 pm

i like doing that too. i did it with entourage when they put them all on demand but i had already watched them. so i re-watched them to get to ready for the new season. with how crappy television is, i can honestly say i look forward to sunday nights now, just to watch entourage that i couldnt imagine waiting a full season.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:05 am

great gretzky wrote:"that's why they call them business socks."

It is out there, but I think it's funny. I'm so sick of stupid humor of the will ferrell variety, and I love stupid humor. not everything is for everyone, but I wish some would be more open-minded about the show.

I love the line in one of the songs about why aren't sneakers getting cheaper if we have slave kids making them? They have no overhead.

I think that's called "Think About It". It's definitley a funny one. :-D
Here you go:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3CQIbNJy90
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:46 am

kimchi_chigae wrote:I have been looking forward to watching this show ever since I saw some previews of it a few months ago on tv. I don't have HBO right now, so I will probably wait for it to come out on DVD.

Ask Madison for a raise. O:-)
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Members Only Jackets » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:57 pm

That song was dope THIS WEEk when (whats his name) is singing about making love to his girl - friend...
Better to be king for a night than schmuck for a lifetime.
Members Only Jackets
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 2)

Postby dissent » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:38 pm

Members Only Jackets wrote:That song was dope THIS WEEk when (whats his name) is singing about making love to his girl - friend...

You mean Jemaine singing Business Time? Yeah, that was great. Show keeps getting better and better.
dissent
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby josebach » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:19 pm

"Business Time" was funny, but I really liked the love song duet where they were both singing to Sally. It's a very well constructed, solid song. Not only are their lyrics funny, but they're quite good song writers/musicians.

Take a listen:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... &plindex=0
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby great gretzky » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:33 am

i think the show does a very good job of incorporating the songs into the plot. The way Sally said she is ready to settle down, then next thing you know, its time for "Business Time."

The duet at the end was funny.

Jemaine cracks me up. Hard to explain, but when he was on the date with Sally, and he just slips in Brett's "long-term" girlfriend. Or when he rents the broom closet and murray and brett are calling him on it, and he just deadpans, "this is my brand-new studio apartment."

It sounds snobby, but I don't understand how some people don't get it. I love broader comedy, but my girlfriend and I love this show, and half wish it was on when we were in college if you know what I mean ...
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Coppermine » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:26 pm

I watched the first episode last night, and I'm intrigued at best; it's definitely an original concept and it's definitely funny. It's just weird. Completely different, which is why I'm definitely going to check out the other episodes. I cracked up when they were doing the robot music video.

I mean, it's no Curb Your Enthusiasm, but it's something only HBO is clever enough to pull off.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Coppermine » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:29 pm

great gretzky wrote:i think the show does a very good job of incorporating the songs into the plot. The way Sally said she is ready to settle down, then next thing you know, its time for "Business Time."

The duet at the end was funny.

Jemaine cracks me up. Hard to explain, but when he was on the date with Sally, and he just slips in Brett's "long-term" girlfriend. Or when he rents the broom closet and murray and brett are calling him on it, and he just deadpans, "this is my brand-new studio apartment."

It sounds snobby, but I don't understand how some people don't get it. I love broader comedy, but my girlfriend and I love this show, and half wish it was on when we were in college if you know what I mean ...

A clever quip that I picked up was when they were in the pawn shop and the one guy was saying how Fleetwood Mac made their best music in the midst of a "love square" (as opposed to a love triangle) and the one guy asks "Rumors?" and the other says "No, it's all true." It was so quick and deadpan, and I would think it would go over a lot of people's heads, but it's little things like that which set a show apart from other comedies.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk