Draft Rooms - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Draft Rooms

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Draft Rooms

Postby Crazytown » Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:37 am

Hello,

I'm running a League this year and most of the owners are from around the U.S. I'm looking for a Draft Room that can support our draft. We want to run an extended live draft (15hr limit between each pick) where owners can go on/off on auto. pick and where there is no serpentine draft.(It's a continuing Keeper League)

We're playing in CBS and have already paid for the draft. Unfortunately, CBS doesn't support non-serpentine drafts so we need to look elsewhere to hold our draft. Our last resort is through an e-mail draft but we'd like to avoid that. We want owners to have the option to que up players and go on auto. if they're going to be gone for a while.

Are there any sites (preferably free) where we can have such a draft?

Thanks In Advance.
Crazytown

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby trevisc » Fri Feb 06, 2004 9:01 am

Sometimes Arlo will set up a temporary room here at the Baseball Cafe. Why don'y you send him or Menyak a private message. I think Arlo is on vacation this week so start with Menyak.

hope that helps
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby joshheines » Fri Feb 06, 2004 9:24 am

Has our society already become too good for e-mail? With an extended draft, just try to use good old e-mail. You really have no reason for a full draft room.
joshheines
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby crazytown » Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:14 pm

There are 14 of us and we;re all scattered around the U.S. We all have things to do so it's almost impossible to have every owner show up at the same time and day. We've done an e-mail draft for the last 2 years so it's not a problem.

What we'd like is the option to go on auto pick if we're gonna be gone for a while so we don't leave other owners hanging. We usually have a 12 hours limit between each picks. This gives each owner ample time to make their picks but to speed up the process, going on auot would be great option.

It usually takes us about 2-3 weeks to finish a draft.

I'll PM him. Thanks for the reponse.
crazytown

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Re: Draft Rooms

Postby stabone76 » Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:17 pm

Crazytown wrote:Hello,

I'm running a League this year and most of the owners are from around the U.S. I'm looking for a Draft Room that can support our draft. We want to run an extended live draft (15hr limit between each pick) where owners can go on/off on auto. pick and where there is no serpentine draft.(It's a continuing Keeper League)

We're playing in CBS and have already paid for the draft. Unfortunately, CBS doesn't support non-serpentine drafts so we need to look elsewhere to hold our draft. Our last resort is through an e-mail draft but we'd like to avoid that. We want owners to have the option to que up players and go on auto. if they're going to be gone for a while.

Are there any sites (preferably free) where we can have such a draft?

Thanks In Advance.

Well, the perfect thing is to sign up at http://www.mockdraftcentral.com You can set all of that stuff up. but the catch is it costs 10 dollars per person to sign up to use the website. Its a mock draft site you can just draft over and over on. Since you want it for only that one draft i dont know if you will see the value though
stabone76
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jbird669 » Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:01 pm

15 HOUR TIME LIMIT!!!!! 15 HOUR TIME LIMIT!!!! Dude, even if they are all over the US, set up a Sunday three weeks in advance, start at noon, allowing for Time Zone differentials, and have a 3-4 hour draft, keeping a time limit of 2 picks. At this rate, you'll have to start drafting now before Pitchers and Catchers report!
Baseball is a game where a curve is an optical illusion, a screwball can be a pitch or a person, stealing is legal and you can spit anywhere you like except in the umpire's eye or on the ball. ~Jim Murray
jbird669
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 11)

Postby crazytown » Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:08 pm

We've played this way for years. I'm sure we're not the only League like this.

Anyways, I don't want to argue about this. I came here looking for a site to support our League not change it.
crazytown
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby trevisc » Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:10 pm

crazytown wrote:We've played this way for years. I'm sure we're not the only League like this.

Anyways, I don't want to argue about this. I came here looking for a site to support our League not change it.

glad to see that you registered!

Welcome to the Cafe!
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby stabone76 » Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:24 pm

I think you should do one round per day. Whoever drafts first can take theirs, whoever drafts second can hand in his top two, whoeever drafts third can do top three,..... so on and so forth until whoever drafts last has his list of 12. It shouldnt be so hard to rank your top 12 if you know you dont get your choice of the first 11 anyway
stabone76
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jbird669 » Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:23 pm

stabone76 wrote:I think you should do one round per day. Whoever drafts first can take theirs, whoever drafts second can hand in his top two, whoeever drafts third can do top three,..... so on and so forth until whoever drafts last has his list of 12. It shouldnt be so hard to rank your top 12 if you know you dont get your choice of the first 11 anyway

Sorry friend, wasn't trying to criticize the league, I was giving a suggestion on how to make it better. I do sincerely apologize if it came across otherwise. I am with stabone76. Do a round a day.
Baseball is a game where a curve is an optical illusion, a screwball can be a pitch or a person, stealing is legal and you can spit anywhere you like except in the umpire's eye or on the ball. ~Jim Murray
jbird669
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 11)

Return to Baseball Leftovers