Fix a Bathroom Leak - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Fix a Bathroom Leak

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Fix a Bathroom Leak

Postby roninmedia » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:16 am

Simple as this. The water supply pipe that feeds my cistern has a leak. If you view my water supply pipe from the side, the pipe forms a bowl shape leading to the bottom of the cistern; the leak is at the bottom of the "bowl". Do you guys have a simple fix for the leak?
roninmedia
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 1647
Joined: 16 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Fix a Bathroom Leak

Postby knapplc » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:24 am

This is a pipe that goes to the cistern from the wall? Is it a pipe, or is it a banded flex tube?

Is the leak from a split?

I don't suppose you could take a picture of this, could you?
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Posts: 7871
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's "ell see." ELL SEE!!!

Re: Fix a Bathroom Leak

Postby Tavish » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:25 am

roninmedia wrote:Simple as this. The water supply pipe that feeds my cistern has a leak. If you view my water supply pipe from the side, the pipe forms a bowl shape leading to the bottom of the cistern; the leak is at the bottom of the "bowl". Do you guys have a simple fix for the leak?

Replace the water supply. You can get a flex supply fairly cheap at a local hardware store.
Image

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
Posts: 11068
(Past Year: 26)
Joined: 3 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Fix a Bathroom Leak

Postby Coppermine » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:26 am

Image
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 8840
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsyltucky

Re: Fix a Bathroom Leak

Postby knapplc » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:27 am

Tavish wrote:
roninmedia wrote:Simple as this. The water supply pipe that feeds my cistern has a leak. If you view my water supply pipe from the side, the pipe forms a bowl shape leading to the bottom of the cistern; the leak is at the bottom of the "bowl". Do you guys have a simple fix for the leak?

Replace the water supply. You can get a flex supply fairly cheap at a local hardware store.


That's if the leak is actually coming from the supply pipe and not the cistern. That's why I was looking for a pic.


Ronin you could also check out http://home.howstuffworks.com/toilet.htm for info.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Posts: 7871
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's "ell see." ELL SEE!!!

Re: Fix a Bathroom Leak

Postby roninmedia » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:30 am

Yeah. It is a banded flex pipe that goes from the cistern to the wall. The leak is coming from the supply pipe itself. So easy fix is go to hardware store, replace old one with new one, correct?
roninmedia
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 1647
Joined: 16 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Fix a Bathroom Leak

Postby Pacman » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:42 am

Word of advice, be extra careful when connecting the new supply to the tank (assuming the tank is porcelin). If you over-tighten and crack (or even CHIP) the opening of the tank.. that can't be replaced, and you'll need a new toilet.
Image
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2569
Joined: 10 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Birthplace of the US Navy

Re: Fix a Bathroom Leak

Postby knapplc » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:43 am

roninmedia wrote:Yeah. It is a banded flex pipe that goes from the cistern to the wall. The leak is coming from the supply pipe itself. So easy fix is go to hardware store, replace old one with new one, correct?

Yep. It'll take you all of five minutes. Shut off the water at the wall, flush your toilet a couple of times to empty the cistern, then undo the old pipe, screw on the new one and you're done. ;-D

And yes - Pacman is right on ^^^.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Posts: 7871
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's "ell see." ELL SEE!!!


Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MatthewSob and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Sep. 3
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Philadelphia at Atlanta
(12:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at St. Louis
(1:45 pm)
San Francisco at Colorado
(3:10 pm)
Washington at LA Dodgers
(3:10 pm)
Seattle at Oakland
(3:35 pm)
Boston at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Detroit at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
NY Mets at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Toronto at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Milwaukee at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
LA Angels at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Texas at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Chi White Sox at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Arizona at San Diego
(10:05 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact