Mets ink veteran Erickson - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Mets

Mets ink veteran Erickson

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mets ink veteran Erickson

Postby WebHamster » Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:11 am

New York, NY (Sports Network) - The New York Mets agreed to terms with pitcher Scott Erickson on a minor league contract Thursday.

"I wish spring training started tomorrow," Erickson said. "I'm ready to go. I know a lot of guys on the team, especially John (Franco) and Mike (Piazza). In know there's an opportunity for me here and I'm hoping to make the most of the chance."

The veteran, who is 140-128 with a 4.51 ERA since entering the majors in 1990, is expected to compete for the fifth spot in the rotation behind Al Leiter, Tom Glavine, Steve Trachsel and Jae Weong Seo.

The 36-year-old has missed two of the last three seasons due to injuries.

Erickson was 5-12 with a 5.55 ERA for the Orioles in 2002 before missing the 2003 campaign with a shoulder injury. He was also out of action in 2001 after having Tommy John surgery on his right elbow.

Erickson married Lisa Guerrero, a sideline reporter for Monday Night Football, on February 3 in Hawaii.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 399)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kentx12 » Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:43 pm

I still haven't heard anything about him. Did he just have a bad spring? I thought he could be a big help to the Mets staff.

There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Re: Mets ink veteran Erickson

Postby Super GM » Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:06 am

WebHamster wrote:New York, NY (Sports Network) - The New York Mets agreed to terms with pitcher Scott Erickson on a minor league contract Thursday.
If I had seen this post before the season started I would have said they're crazy. Especially since he's missed significant time due to injuries the past couple years. But since I just saw this post for the first time today, I'm posting it now! :-b Oh, almost forgot: He has yet to play a game in a Mets uniform in 2004! :-t
Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

Postby raiders_umpire » Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:47 pm

heck he did not need to be pitching he needed to be home with his wife lisa guerrero.... or at least i would have been :-D :-D
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to New York Mets