Adam Jones called up... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Adam Jones called up...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Adam Jones called up...

Postby Shark » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:42 am

From Rotoworld:

The Mariners are reportedly calling up Adam Jones for Thursday's game and installing him as their new right fielder.
The Seattle Post-Intelligencer is running with it, so now we'll go with it, too. According to the report on ProspectInsider.com, the Mariners will shift Jose Guillen to left field and Raul Ibanez to DH, making Jose Vidro one incredibly expensive bench player. If the Mariners were willing to do that, they should have just made Ben Broussard their left-handed DH months ago. Still, this would qualify as progress. Jones has a chance to be a significant upgrade on offense, and he'd certainly improve the defense.
Source: Prospect Insider
Shark
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Adam Jones called up...

Postby JoshExley » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:07 am

Just saw this. Great news.

Not sure I have the room for him, but any guys in deep leagues or large keeper leagues I think should nab this guy. He could be special in the 2nd half.
JoshExley
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby converge241 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:13 am

hes a great prospect and a good add for keeper or AL onlies but his average may be absolutely lethal

not sure if mixed leaguers want to be all over this if they arent insulated

his K:BB rate is very scary especially considering its based on minor league pitching
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 100)

Postby Tommy John » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:00 am

Assuming both stay healthy and start for the rest of the year, who do you believe will be a greater fantasy asset for this year, Milledge or Jones?

Milledge > Jones
Tommy John
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Oriole Way » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:07 pm

Tommy John wrote:Assuming both stay healthy and start for the rest of the year, who do you believe will be a greater fantasy asset for this year, Milledge or Jones?

Milledge > Jones

Jones was crushing the ball in AAA, 21 dingers I believe? Was Milledge mashing like that? What were his numbers?
Oriole Way
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby flooredyas » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:08 pm

Well, speculation is one thing that I constantly do. So I added both Millage and Jones this morning. Funny, I had originally drafted Jones with my last pick in my redraft league, only to drop him when he began in AAA. He was added and dropped once again by another owner. This time I got the jump on the rest of my league. Now watch Pie suddenly become roster worthy, as he was my drop.
As to how he fares, one can hope he produces ala Pence, another speculative move. We know how that has worked thus far.
flooredyas
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Shizane » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:43 pm

Shizane
College Coach
College Coach

Postby converge241 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:32 pm

The Mariners aren't expected to call up Adam Jones for Thursday's game.

The site that filed the report has backed off it now, and the Mariners have done nothing to suggest it's going to happen. "I haven't heard anything about Jones coming up," manager John McLaren said. "I haven't heard anything about it at all."
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

Re: Adam Jones

Postby Roberto Clemente » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:50 am

Adam Jones is definetly a guy to keep your eye on. He is projected to be a 30/30 guy in the majors.

Accroding to my Baseball America Prospect Handbook Jones is rated the #1 prospect in he Mariners organazation. He is also rated 24th Overall in the minors.

The kid is a freak who some teams coveted has a Pitcher coming out of high school due to his 96mph fastball. They compare him to Mike Cameron, but they say he swings at a lot of bad pitches and does not draw his fair share of Walks.

I am going to wait and see when he finally gets called up. Be wary of his Batting Average which has NEVER been above .300 until this year. However...he is looking very good this season.
Roberto Clemente
College Coach
College Coach

Postby converge241 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:56 pm

after Jones gets called up again (short clal up last year) Wladimir Balentin becomes the top prospect..watch out for him more potential than Jones IMO
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates