What to do with Adrian Gonzalez?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

What to do with Adrian Gonzalez??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What to do with Adrian Gonzalez??

Postby Buttermilk Pancake » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:51 pm

I know I should keep him, but I just need to hear it from you folks.

I don't have another 1B stashed away on my bench, and quality 1B FAs are pretty few and far between.

Will this guy pick it up again? What's his deal??
Buttermilk Pancake Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What to do with Adrian Gonzalez??

Postby kev8821 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:10 am

Yep, you have to stick it out. I am in the same boat with AGonz and just remember what it was like when he was smacking the ball around. He's been dealing with an injury, so I hope he can shake it and get back to his old self.
kev8821
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 4)

Postby chargerss24 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:22 pm

I agree with kev8821, I'm sticking with Gonzlez as well. I was pretty close to trading him away the other night, but I just couldn't pull the trigger. I just have a feeling he's going to break out in a big way.

I REALLY hope so anyway! !+)
chargerss24
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

Postby Rounders » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:30 pm

I've got him in 2 of my 3 leagues. But in those leagues I have Ortiz and Pujols, respectively, to play 1B. Other guys that I'm playing over him at UTIL / CI include Renteria, Pence, Pierre, Kendrick, and Beltre (just started playing him over Gonzalez). I'm holding onto him in both leagues, but he won't start until he begins to hit again. He was pretty streaky last year also, but his overall numbers ended up good. That sucks for my H2H league (unless he gets hot at the right time), but it all works out in the end in a roto league.
Rounders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby pangbones » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:47 pm

Boy am I feeling stupid for trading Fielder and keeping A Gonz!! :-P !+)

Anyways, he's been cold, but he was doing fine until the past 2-3 weeks. His HR pace from April wasn't for real, but he's still a solid top 12 1B IMO. He'll be alright. He raked in the 2nd half last year, and I expect him to be much better this year too.
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby skapur20 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:15 pm

kev8821 wrote:Yep, you have to stick it out. I am in the same boat with AGonz and just remember what it was like when he was smacking the ball around. He's been dealing with an injury, so I hope he can shake it and get back to his old self.

I think he will be fine as well. he did this last year as well, but still ended up with a solid line at the end of the season. doesnt help that he plays his home games at petco though and in that amazingly great offense(yes thats sarcasm).

I couldnt handle his slump though and got lucky picking up Adam LaRoche(who then proceeded to take off) and I also have an injured Tex commin back, but im still holding onto Gonzalez, just not gonna find room to start him till he starts hittin again
ummm lets go angels? :)
skapur20
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Injuries & Player Updates