Where will A-Rod land? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Where will A-Rod land?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Where will A-Rod land?

Postby GHirsch516 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:15 am

bigh0rt wrote:
blankman wrote:And Yankee fans hate him? Haha. I was at Yankee Stadium the other day and the fans were cheering louder for him when he was introduced and during roll-call than even Derek Jeter.

Whoa, they are cheering him during an MVP-caliber season? Somebody alert the media.

Hate to break it to you but thats how it works in baseball. You do good, you get cheered. You do bad, you get jeered.
GHirsch516
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blankman » Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:32 am

SJNez46 wrote:I would like Arod to come to Boston. I (as a Red Sox fan) dont think ARod would get booed in BOston. He hasnt been a Yankee THAT long, and the Red Sox would love to steal the Yankees best player. Especially if the Yankees keep doing so bad. Jeter would not be welcome. :-P. If he stays in NY, he will never be welcome in Boston again. Like I said, I would like him to come to Boston, but I think he will go to the Angels.

He's not welcome in Boston already. Just look at all the vulgar ARod shirts you see in Boston. And even if he did go there, he would make more enemies than he could imagine in NY.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby RocketsDWM » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:31 am

blankman wrote:
SJNez46 wrote:I would like Arod to come to Boston. I (as a Red Sox fan) dont think ARod would get booed in BOston. He hasnt been a Yankee THAT long, and the Red Sox would love to steal the Yankees best player. Especially if the Yankees keep doing so bad. Jeter would not be welcome. :-P. If he stays in NY, he will never be welcome in Boston again. Like I said, I would like him to come to Boston, but I think he will go to the Angels.

He's not welcome in Boston already. Just look at all the vulgar ARod shirts you see in Boston. And even if he did go there, he would make more enemies than he could imagine in NY.

How do you know that? Most of these t-shirts are in jest, a light joke. I seriously doubt A-Rod or anyone else takes them that seriously.

He is going to opt-out due to the negotiation ultimatum put out by the FO and due to the Boras factor. And the Yanks have stated they will not bid for him.

I think the majority of Sox fans would welcome him. I certainly wouldnt mind welcoming 45-50 homeruns for a couple of seasons. And the payroll can take that hit with some money coming off the books.
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 57)

Postby SJNez46 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:03 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:
blankman wrote:

How do you know that? Most of these t-shirts are in jest, a light joke. I seriously doubt A-Rod or anyone else takes them that seriously.

He is going to opt-out due to the negotiation ultimatum put out by the FO and due to the Boras factor. And the Yanks have stated they will not bid for him.

I think the majority of Sox fans would welcome him. I certainly wouldnt mind welcoming 45-50 homeruns for a couple of seasons. And the payroll can take that hit with some money coming off the books.

Exactly why he would be welcome at Fenway if he did come.
^ Thanks a ton to Big Pimpin for the sig.^
My Sigs http://www.freewebs.com/sjnez46/sjnez46ssiggallery.htm
SJNez46
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics ExpertWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby blankman » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:04 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:
blankman wrote:

So I guess this is in jest too:
In tonight's game, Boston Red Sox fans have been taunting Alex Rodriguez with a mask of a blonde haired woman while he is at the plate and by yelling things at him whenever he comes to the plate. I don't know who gave out the masks but good job. Watching the game on television they were showing some of the fans wearing those masks and some fans were waving dollar bills at A-Rod when he was at the plate. Check out the picture below of Sox fans with the blonde masks on.

holding "I'm with A-Rod" pole dancer silhouette posters.

You are all sick if you think thats in jest. They are viciously insulting his family. Get a clue.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:38 pm

The blinders you view the Yankees with is hysterical. Of course he'd be welcome in Boston, the same way Johnny Damon was welcome in New York.

This quote is my favorite:
And even if he did go there, he would make more enemies than he could imagine in NY.

:-b

Watch out A-Rod!!
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 836)

Postby nsulham » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:43 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
blankman wrote:And Yankee fans hate him? Haha. I was at Yankee Stadium the other day and the fans were cheering louder for him when he was introduced and during roll-call than even Derek Jeter.

Whoa, they are cheering him during an MVP-caliber season? Somebody alert the media.

Exactly. I don't think it's so much cheering as it is "Hey Alex, you're not going to opt out even though we've been on you the last couple years, right? We were just joking that whole time. You're coming back right?....please?"
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby AussieDodger » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:50 pm

It seems some Yankee fans (the minority) have been spoiled for a long time. How can you EVER bag a player like A-Rod who is on your team? Who gives an *add naughty word here* if he has failed recently in the post-season? How do you think your team got there?
I wonder how they would like it if they swapped organisations with Pittsburgh for a year.
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 143)

Postby SJNez46 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:01 pm

AussieDodger wrote:It seems some Yankee fans (the minority) have been spoiled for a long time. How can you EVER bag a player like A-Rod who is on your team? Who gives an *add naughty word here* if he has failed recently in the post-season? How do you think your team got there?
I wonder how they would like it if they swapped organisations with Pittsburgh for a year.

well, it looks like tthe Yankees wont have to worry so much about the postseason, because they will be spectators :-)
^ Thanks a ton to Big Pimpin for the sig.^
My Sigs http://www.freewebs.com/sjnez46/sjnez46ssiggallery.htm
SJNez46
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics ExpertWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:16 pm

GHirsch516 wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

Hate to break it to you but thats how it works in baseball. You do good, you get cheered. You do bad, you get jeered.

That's funny, because I haven't heard Papi or Manny given so much as a single boo during their struggles so far this season.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 836)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers