Homerun Derby mess up any these guys swings in the 2nd half? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Homerun Derby mess up any these guys swings in the 2nd half?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Homerun Derby mess up any these guys swings in the 2nd half?

Postby wildbill » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:34 am

Rollotommasi wrote:it looks that i just found the answer:

- Justin Morneau

3/20 with 5k

swinging like hell and leaving LOB left and right

pretty pathetic.........
It's not like this is Morneau's first slump this season, he's done it before and he'll probably do it again. To blame it on the derby is, frankly, foolish.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rollotommasi » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:58 am

wildbill wrote:
Rollotommasi wrote:it looks that i just found the answer:

- Justin Morneau

3/20 with 5k

swinging like hell and leaving LOB left and right

pretty pathetic.........
It's not like this is Morneau's first slump this season, he's done it before and he'll probably do it again. To blame it on the derby is, frankly, foolish.

well....yesterday it was the first 3K game of the season and according to what i've read on Twins boards he didn't look good at the plate
Rollotommasi
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby wildbill » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:20 am

Rollotommasi wrote:well....yesterday it was the first 3K game of the season and according to what i've read on Twins boards he didn't look good at the plate
Yeah? Your point? Like I said it's not his first slump this season and I doubt it will be his last. ESPN had a pretty good article the other week loaded with hard stats that debunked the curse. It's just coincidence, but if u really feel he's the vitim of a mythical curse then I suggest you 1) drop him, or 2) trade him for dirt. Either way you'll end up regreting it. If you really think there is a curse then how do you explain players like Howard that improve afterwards? BTW you're also using an insignificantly small sample size.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby NikeTxGuy » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:09 am

wildbill wrote:
Rollotommasi wrote:well....yesterday it was the first 3K game of the season and according to what i've read on Twins boards he didn't look good at the plate
Yeah? Your point? Like I said it's not his first slump this season and I doubt it will be his last. ESPN had a pretty good article the other week loaded with hard stats that debunked the curse. It's just coincidence, but if u really feel he's the vitim of a mythical curse then I suggest you 1) drop him, or 2) trade him for dirt. Either way you'll end up regreting it. If you really think there is a curse then how do you explain players like Howard that improve afterwards? BTW you're also using an insignificantly small sample size.

Totally untrue... I traded basically 3 of the Home Run Participants (Morneau/M. Cabrera/Guerrero) and Jeter as well as Halladay for Jose Reyes/Jimmy Rollins/Grady Sizemore and Justin Verlander. (No-hitter this season!)

Then I came back and later on traded Hafner straight up for Carlos Zambrano. ;-D
C-Wieters/McCann 1B-Freeman 2B-Kipnis 3B-Trumbo SS-Segura OF-C.Gonzalez OF-Trout OF-Dunn UT-Bourn UT-Andrus
BN:McLouth-Wieters-Arenado

(SP) Kershaw-Moore-Corbin-Buchholz-T.Wood-Fernandez-Teheran
(RP) Rivera-J.Johnson-Gregg-Robertson
NikeTxGuy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Rollotommasi » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:58 am

wildbill wrote:

interesting
Rollotommasi
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby wildbill » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:42 pm

NikeTxGuy wrote:Totally untrue... I traded basically 3 of the Home Run Participants (Morneau/M. Cabrera/Guerrero) and Jeter as well as Halladay for Jose Reyes/Jimmy Rollins/Grady Sizemore and Justin Verlander. (No-hitter this season!)

Then I came back and later on traded Hafner straight up for Carlos Zambrano. ;-D
I'm not sure I understand this response. Did you take my trade dirt cheap advice as being serious? I was being sarcastic, because the guy seems to think Morneau is done for just because he participated in the HR derby and has had a couple bad games to start the 2nd half. I thought that was clear, maybe not. The blurb about the ESPN article is real though. I forget which of their writers wrote it up, but it obviously involved a good bit of research. It was one of their Insider articles.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RedHopeful » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:25 pm

I can't believe people buy into the Homerun derby ruining seasons/careers. Sure a guy's swing may get out of whack for a little bit, but how can a few extra swings destroy a season?!? These guys aren't brittle and breakdown after 25 or so swings! I'm sure they take that many cuts every day before game time.

Abreu is a special case who I think is simply on the downside of his career. During his prime, he wasn't that much of a homerun hitter anyways. Just look at the stats. Many times he'd have almost 600 AB's and only produce 20 or so Hr's in a season.

I wish some of you guys were in my fantasy leagues so that I could get every homerun participant at a discount price after every all-star game. ;-D
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby ceLpH » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:59 pm

the one round by Ryan Howard sure didnt mess him up

glad that I bought low on him earlier ;-D
http://cashcrate.com/408420

^easy money by filling out referrals and surveys
ceLpH
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates