Tejada or Garciaparra? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Tejada or Garciaparra?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:59 am

Renteria is getting better. You could probably get him a little later than Nomar with similar production, depending on your league.

But all things being equal, I'd grab Nomar. Because of the history. But just barely. Because of the injury history.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RynMan » Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:06 am

i see nomar going in my league in probly the second round (10-12 teams), so maybe i should hold off for a couple on shortstop (assuming i dont get 1st pick - a-rod) and address another position, then come back and pick up renteria who has similar production. i see no reason why he wouldnt be entering his best years at 29 years old, and hitting in front of pujols, edmonds, and rolen.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Brendo » Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:08 am

and that may have been rentaria's career season, and hge's still not helping that much in HR

if NO-MAAAH is really pissed this season, we could se a return of .320+, 25-30 HR, 110 RBI and 15 steals
YAHOO! RULES!!!!!
Brendo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bsblallstr » Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:12 am

if nomar stays healthy the whole year is the best of the 3 but he has been historically more brittle than people think, tejada always plays close to 162 games and renteria is the same way. kinda changes the perspective for me, still id rather have nomar, but im starting to think that tejada will have better numbers in a hitters ballpark with some lineup protection.
Reyes and guerrero, the two most blessed players in the league, not to mention the most fun to watch
bsblallstr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RynMan » Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:18 am

i dont see tejada getting the RBI's and runs playing for the O's, that nomar will get with the Sox's lineup. They are strong above and below nomar....
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby bsblallstr » Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:24 am

i think that he could have more RBI's cause tejada could erupt for 40 HR's, and an avg. well above .300 now that he doesnt have to play with 80 yards of foul ground everywhere and has shorter fences
Reyes and guerrero, the two most blessed players in the league, not to mention the most fun to watch
bsblallstr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RynMan » Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:27 am

who will tejada have hitting in front of him to hit in? matos?
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bsblallstr » Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:31 am

matos, hairston, mora, there are guys, and i admit he does not have the guys in the lineup that garciaparra has, but look what he has done in oakland with jack squat ahead of him, and i mean jack squat, now he has some guys who can get on base, granted they arent johnny damon, but they are a big upgrade, and he plays in a much better ballpark now with 2 guys behind him, but i dont see his run total increasing significantly, but some. tejada is a riskier pick in terms of stats, could be the #2 SS by far, but then again could be #4, while garciaparra is solid. but i dont think he has the upside that tejada has
bsblallstr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ramble2 » Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:48 am

If I understand you right, it sounds like you are trying to decide who to take in the 2nd round.

If you think that either Tejada or Renteria would be available to you in the 3rd, let someone else grab Nomar in the 2nd and use that pick to get the best available player. Then grab either Renteria or Tejada ( ;-D ) in the 3rd round.
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Bukoski77 » Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:49 am

bsblallstr wrote:matos, hairston, mora, there are guys, and i admit he does not have the guys in the lineup that garciaparra has, but look what he has done in oakland with jack squat ahead of him, and i mean jack squat, now he has some guys who can get on base, granted they arent johnny damon, but they are a big upgrade, and he plays in a much better ballpark now with 2 guys behind him, but i dont see his run total increasing significantly, but some. tejada is a riskier pick in terms of stats, could be the #2 SS by far, but then again could be #4, while garciaparra is solid. but i dont think he has the upside that tejada has

good analysis, not to get you blood hot, so forgive me as I'm drinking as I post this.............But didnt he have Johny Damon the year he won the MVP :-D ?
"Son we would like to keep you around here but were trying to win a pennant this year."
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers